Need help understanding your bill?
JayJones's profile

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Monday, July 9th, 2018 10:04 PM

Discounts Not Applied

I had a Mobile Share15GB plan with Rollover Post-Paid Wireless account with (3) cell phones and (3) tablets.

I changed the plan to  6GB plan, removed (1) cell phone and all (3) tablets. When I got my 'final' bill for the previous plan, they didn't include the (3) $25 discounts that have always (at least 2-1/2 years) been applied to the cell phones on the account. When I called, the first rep I spoke to agreed it was an error and transferred me to the IMS? department (not sure if that's the right name). That person (Abby ID# AH3630) admitted it was strange but ultimately told me that the discounts "probably stopped or ran out" and would only issue me a $21.03 credit for who knows what. A $21.03 credit for a $96.30 issue is not acceptable and makes zero sense. No one, and no bill, ever stated a duration of those discounts.

I've been an AT&T customer for 15+ years and I really don't want to have to change but I will if this isn't resolved. I understand this is just a forum and a resolution here is not possible. What I'm looking for is if someone has any suggestions to get this resolved so I don't have to leave AT&T.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

""You don't receive a bill for "previous month's charges." Bill(s) are for service in advance.""........Part of the bill is a list of calls/texts that were made. How is it possible for the bill to be in advance?

I suspect the answer is that the "service in advance' are for the plan only, not the calls/texts...but.....

The bill shows nothing at all to do with my new plan.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, I saw your edit but the new bill doesn't show anything to do with the new plan, which in your explanation should at least mention it for service through 7/14.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

So did you get billed the full $40 line fee? If so, that is not right. The discounts did not expire.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@JayJones wrote:

""You don't receive a bill for "previous month's charges." Bill(s) are for service in advance.""........Part of the bill is a list of calls/texts that were made. How is it possible for the bill to be in advance?

I suspect the answer is that the "service in advance' are for the plan only, not the calls/texts...but.....

Of course.

The bill shows nothing at all to do with my new plan.

So the bill in question says the Mobile Share 15GB plan for 6 devices (from 6/15 to 7/15), but the discounts are no longer there? Everything is the same as always except for the discounts?

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

Yes! That's exactly right. I'm not an expert like you people but I do know how to compare last months bill to this months bill. Would it help for you to see them? I have no issue downloading them.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@JayJones wrote:

Yes! That's exactly right. I'm not an expert like you people but I do know how to compare last months bill to this months bill. Would it help for you to see them? I have no issue downloading them.

It would definitely help, just to make sure we are on the same page now. Just redact any personal information. 

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, all (6) devices are there and no mention of the new 6GB plan or the removed devices.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

Awesome, will do ASAP.....redaction takes some time....THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@JayJones wrote:

Sure, that will help. Just make sure you mask any personal info, account number, phone numbers, etc.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

How do you attach a PDF?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.