Need help understanding your bill?
Calmcole's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, April 13th, 2019 6:40 PM

Device under warranty now is added to my bill?

I own my iPhone 7S Plus..when the speaker stopped working I had a new one sent. Covered by warranty. Now, the device has been added to my bill for not returning the defective device (that I own) within 14 days. Here’s the issue- I called twice and both times was assured I could return the device later and it would not be added to my bill. “ I will put it in notes”. Is what I was told. This was not done apparently, the $569.00 added to my bill. This is not ok.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

It's automatic. You must send the defective device back to get that credited or refunded back to your account. The system will place the charge after a certain amount of time after a warranty is processed however if the phone is received within a quick time frame after a charge is done, it can be credited. You need to get that phone shipped ASAP.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

There is no such phone as a 7s but how did you get a warranty replacement from ATT? ATT does not provide warranty on iPhones. Was this perhaps a warranty replacement for a phone previously replaced by insurance? That is the only circumstance I know of for ATT to warrant an iPhone. 

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

It had to have been a previous insurance replacement.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

I don’t understand why you couldn’t return the defective phone in 24 days.  

Since you stressed “that I own” in your post, you may not understand that once a device is replaced by warranty or insurance, you no longer own the old device, you have to return it.  They are pretty serious about the 14 days too.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

They said they were ATT, I asked. The phone was a replacement device from a defective microphone / speaker. The phone is an IPhone 7S Plus.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Will do.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

The phone is an IPhone 7S Plus.”

No, it can’t be. There is no iPhone 7S. Must be an iPhone 7 Plus, no “S”.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.