Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Device under warranty now is added to my bill?

Contributor

Device under warranty now is added to my bill?

I own my iPhone 7S Plus..when the speaker stopped working I had a new one sent. Covered by warranty. Now, the device has been added to my bill for not returning the defective device (that I own) within 14 days. Here’s the issue- I called twice and both times was assured I could return the device later and it would not be added to my bill. “ I will put it in notes”. Is what I was told. This was not done apparently, the $569.00 added to my bill. This is not ok.

Message 1 of 8
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Calmcole
‎04-13-2019 3:28 PM

Re: Device under warranty now is added to my bill?

It's automatic. You must send the defective device back to get that credited or refunded back to your account. The system will place the charge after a certain amount of time after a warranty is processed however if the phone is received within a quick time frame after a charge is done, it can be credited. You need to get that phone shipped ASAP.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Expert

There is no such phone as a 7s but how did you get a warranty replacement from ATT? ATT does not provide warranty on iPhones. Was this perhaps a warranty replacement for a phone previously replaced by insurance? That is the only circumstance I know of for ATT to warrant an iPhone. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8
Employee

It had to have been a previous insurance replacement.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8
ACE - Sage

I don’t understand why you couldn’t return the defective phone in 24 days.  

Since you stressed “that I own” in your post, you may not understand that once a device is replaced by warranty or insurance, you no longer own the old device, you have to return it.  They are pretty serious about the 14 days too.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 8
Contributor

They said they were ATT, I asked. The phone was a replacement device from a defective microphone / speaker. The phone is an IPhone 7S Plus.
Message 6 of 8
Contributor

Will do.

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Expert

The phone is an IPhone 7S Plus.”

No, it can’t be. There is no iPhone 7S. Must be an iPhone 7 Plus, no “S”.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support