Need help understanding your bill?
Usaf1010's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 17th, 2017 9:34 PM

Despetion

I did the bogo thing on my iPhone 6splus. Had att for years but ported out one line to another carrier (I travel to Europe frequently and att's plans aren't the best for this) anyway, I paired my remaining balance on my phone, no issue and expected to pay installments on my wife's phone ..... but weeks later I got a bill for the remaining balance!!! Att would do nothing for me. I asked to have it put on a monthly plan but they said they can't /won't. This is shady business practices .. now they will lose my wife's account and my iPad as a result !

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Usaf1010 wrote:
I did the bogo thing on my iPhone 6splus. Had att for years but ported out one line to another carrier (I travel to Europe frequently and att's plans aren't the best for this) anyway, I paired my remaining balance on my phone, no issue and expected to pay installments on my wife's phone ..... but weeks later I got a bill for the remaining balance!!! Att would do nothing for me. I asked to have it put on a monthly plan but they said they can't /won't. This is shady business practices .. now they will lose my wife's account and my iPad as a result !

That's actually the policy.  

They only give you a no-interest loan on the phone for as long as you have that line active. Remember AT&T provides cellular service, they are not an electronics store that has financing.

I may be mixing something up as you say you ported out ONE line, but don't say which line. It's the line you port out that is due immediately.

And if you port out the line that has the FREE BOGO credits, you don't get the credits any more. That's the rules for the BOGO, you only get the credits if you're paying for THAT line.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.