Helpful Links

Deposit Refund -Super Disappointed!

Contributor

Deposit Refund -Super Disappointed!

This issue has been killing me for 3 months in which I have called costumer service over 20 times! can you imagine 1 hour each call, and I still cant get my deposit back!

4 of our family plan members (including me) made $500 deposit each in 2011. AT&T returned two of them, one was in December 2012, and one in Feb 2013. But still two deposits mine and another friend's havnt returned back.

Here are the things I tried, each of way I tried at least 3 times already:

Call comstomer service, 

1, "your deposit have already returned and was cashed in xx/xx/xxxx, ", everytime i hv to ask them to check carefully, the deposit you refering is not mine, you did returned, but still $1000 havnt, pls look into whose are returned and whose hasnt.

2,"okay, I create a case for you" --  I called over 20 times and you have created 8 cases on the same issue! everytime they give me a case number and the next time I called, no one need that number, instead they creat another one.

3," your case is resovlved" --- one month after, recieved nothing. I called back again, they told me "we found your deposit is already returned and cashed......"  ---here we back to the first situation again.

4,"okay, let me transfer you to the xxx department"---- two mins later " hi how can i help u?..." exactly the same process, didnt help any.

5,"we are very sorry abt our mistake, I checked already and I can see your deposit have no returned, we will send a check to you shortly, and I will send you a email to confirm this" ---- nothing received, NEVER received any email.

6,"we didnt take your deposit, it is the store asked for, go to the store and ask them for it" --- I went to the store 3 times, someone there called the comstomer service for me and confirmed there is deposit in AT&T system and promised me send me check in a month --- nothing received.

7," there is no deposit made by you and your that friend"  --- I printed reciept on my hand!

the most funny thing is , last time I call , finally they transfer me to a manager in Financial department who seems very professional. He took half an hour to check my account, and went through all the situation from 1-6 above. then he said, oh yeah, we received yours and your friend's deposit. but we didnt recieve the other two! That made my mad,  after a while, he turned his point, saying, we didnt receive your deposit and your friends, back to situation 7. No matter how I stated I hv the deposit on my hand, he just repeat " as our system shows, we have returned all the deposit we had to you and they were both cashed".

Through the 3months' "fight", I dont know what else I could do?

Message 1 of 3
Scholar

Re: Deposit Refund -Super Disappointed!

You could try bbb.org. I would ask all of your facebook friends if they know a good lawyer and make sure that every one of them know your issue.  $2000 is a lot of money to be putting down for a deposit,  it almost sounds like you were scammed from the place where you took the plan out.  I have been with at&t for too long to remember if I had to put a deposit down, and if I did I do know I would not have paid $1000 for 2 lines.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Deposit Refund -Super Disappointed!

I have experienced exatclty the same issue with the only difference that its been happening with me for the last 10 months...Not sure what to do now ?

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support