Need help understanding your bill?
ReallyWow's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Friday, August 18th, 2017 4:11 AM

Deceived on a BOGO promotion, now have to pay!!!

Recently upgraded 2 lines that were eligible for upgrade to the BOGO Samsung 8 & Samsung 8+. I was assured by the sales rep there was no need for a new line since both lines eligible for upgrade. The rep even wrote it on the paperwork. I contacted AT&T about the credit they decided to tell me that the Rep told me wrong and there has to be a new line. How can they get away with such practices?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@ReallyWow What exactly did they write?

You still have the paper?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Would you have upgraded both lines and kept your numbers anyway?   

Promotions like free phones or tablets are to add new lines, steal from other carriers and make a profit, not to save us money.  

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

After 3 months credit would be applied, on the s8 for the BOGO.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Probably not

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

We really suggest people read the offers.  The BOGO were integrated, requiring TV service and a new phone line with wireless. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

lizdance40, Although some of us read the fine print before making a move on deals (which I think is a good practice for us consumers to do), not all of us have that information readily available. Op did mention that a sales rep told him no new lines were available. This could mean that he went into the store, and the deal was explained to him.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@ReallyWow wrote:
Probably not

What good is a written quote/estimate if you don't keep a copy?!?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Just curious, where did you get your phones? Was it an ATT corporate store or authorized retailer?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@vamphonephong wrote:

Although some of us read the fine print before making a move on deals (which I think is a good practice for us consumers to do), not all of us have that information readily available.

If only there were portable devices where we could do some kind of a internet search?

This could mean that he went into the store, and the deal was explained to him.

There is nothing keeping you from leaving to check it out and going back to the store (but I completely not doing this part).

But there is also the option of checking the out the offer details when they got home.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Maybe I missed communicated I do still have the paperwork which was written on. As well as the only 1 finance agreement for the phone.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.