Need help understanding your bill?
Jmystery's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, October 16th, 2016 6:12 PM

Data usage

I'm wondering if anyone is seeing the same pattern we have. I suspect to force customers into their new plan to have data slowed to a crawl after a certain amount... We had 2gb shared data and went over one gb every month and were charged for overages, I uped our data to 5 and still we go over 1-2 gb every month and are charged overages, even though we have not changed anything about how we use our phones... Seems like something isn't right here...

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

At&t can't make your phones use data. You can actually check in your settings yourself to see where data is going.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

So you're stickimg with a plan that costs you $25 in line fees and more in tax and fees, more for data and even more for overage, rather than switch to a plan that lowers your line fee and related fees by $5 each?  

How does that make sense to you?

If you have lines in a 2 year contract the line fee stays at $40 until it expires, then automatically reduces to $20.  

Do the math

image.png

For the record.  No.  my data use has been pretty consistent over the past 2.5 years.  We had 6 phones and 2 tablets until recently

Since my line fees are only $15 each, it would be me that ATT would want to push to the new plan, with higher data fees, not those who would save $5 each.  

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Jmystery Check your settings ON YOUR PHONE.

My phone tells me exactly what each app uses and what they system uses (with a total).

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Forum: convincing you to do what Att wants: 10 Politeness: 0 The only reason I accepted the 'solution' was to stop getting obvious and rude reply notifications in my email. And yes don't bother, I'm turning them off.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

The logic of people some time. His plan would get cheaper, and he would not have to pay those overages he has been paying so at&t receives less money from him but its all a conspiracy.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.