Need help understanding your bill?
jw0304's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, November 8th, 2019 7:07 AM

Why is my unlimited data not really unlimited?

I got unlimited data and have been told by att that it was unlimited... nope not true they do have a cap.. of course you can pay 50 dollars more to get more data just in case you reach their cap. I live in the country so I have to use data .... do to no WiFi. They are liars and it’s not the first time they have lied to their customers. What’s really weird I share billing with iPhone XR’s with my dad. We live under same roof. If we share we should get double of aloud  “unlimited” data. Anyway very frustrating especially when I just asked three different associates if I could steam with the plan I have. They all said yes... got their names talking to supervisor tomorrow... will update tomorrow. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

Unlimited data plans do not have a cap.  There may be a point where your data is reprioritized, which means it might slow down occasionally.   That’s not a cap, and not a throttle.  
Cellular is not a replacement for home Wifi.  You can stream on your mobile devices, but you cannot use your phone as a replacement for home internet connection. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

of course you can pay 50 dollars more to get more data just in case you reach their cap.”

There is no wireless plan I know of where this is true, so have no idea what you are talking about. Do you even know what plan you have? As noted above, there is no data cap on unlimited plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I live in the country right now but I'm moving to the city soon where WiFi will be available and yes I have been using my data due to getting things ready for my move. I've had to use this phone to take care of my fathers health insurance and other personal things and that's not including my things. I do pay for the service. This is the only way to have any service while at home because we cannot get WiFi where I live. The one we can get is to expensive and it's not att. Att can't service out here. We are on a fixed income but we try to do the right things with our money. So tell me what happens if you do use it like the internet does it hurt the phone or is data not suppose to be used for internet. I just want more info please

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hmmm that’s funny I just called a supervisor at att store then just to make sure I called corporate and talked to a supervisor there and guess what there is no cap anymore. I’m on a fixed income is why I was asking to begin with....  it was cheaper to get unlimited all the way then to get WiFi out here where I live. In fact att doesn’t have service out here to get WiFi. Hughes net did but was too high. Thank you for your help 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.