For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Hairball55's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 17th, 2017 8:55 PM

Data Plan Increase?

Just heard from ATT that data is going up another $5 a month. I am done. Hey ATT, just a hint your competitors are LOWERING their prices.

Way to reward a dozen years of loyalty. Bye ATT.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

They don't care about loyal customers that are grandfathered in on old unlimited data plan.   I just spoke with 2 customer loyalty  (what a joke) representatives.  They have no explaination as to why our plan will be going up $5.00 per device March 2017.  They are trying to force us off this plan, I told them if I change it will be with a new provider!  AT&T I hope you rethink this this price increase or I am out along with my internet and cable.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@tfayewebb Do you really think they give an explanation to the CS reps to pass on to the customers that's going to be any different than what was in the note?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

The customer loyalty representative said the reason it was going up in because so much data is being used??   My question was what is the difference in the new unlimited plan that started at noon today and my plan and he could only say it is a new plan and that I could switch to the new plan.  I'm saying for some reason they won't say they are trying  to get rid of the grandfathered plan and no one has an explanation.  So before I change plans I will be looking at all my options.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@tfayewebb wrote:

The customer loyalty representative said the reason it was going up in because so much data is being used??  

I could have made up that reason! "We're raising costs since it costs more now".

My question was what is the difference in the new unlimited plan that started at noon today and my plan and he could only say it is a new plan and that I could switch to the new plan.  

How much does your old unlimited plan cost compared to the $100 one?

Maybe it's a difference of $20 a month!

The new plan probably offers more (roaming in Canada/Mexico). 

I'm saying for some reason they won't say they are trying  to get rid of the grandfathered plan and no one has an explanation.  So before I change plans I will be looking at all my options.

And that's okay, if they don't want it any more (that's their choice) I don't understand why they just don't cancel it then...

But they'd never admit it for that reason. For some reason they're "afraid" to admit it's not econmoical and we don't want it any more.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@tfayewebb wrote:

The customer loyalty representative said the reason it was going up in because so much data is being used??   My question was what is the difference in the new unlimited plan that started at noon today

You mean the current unlimited plan that is ALSO $40 per line?    That offers unlimited talk and text and use of the plan in Canada and Mexico?    Hmmmmm..  Woman Frustrated    and my plan and he could only say it is a new plan and that I could switch to the new plan.  I'm saying for some reason they won't say they are trying  to get rid of the grandfathered plan and no one has an explanation.  So before I change plans I will be looking at all my options.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Hairball55 wrote:

Just heard from ATT that data is going up another $5 a month. I am done. Hey ATT, just a hint your competitors are LOWERING their prices.

Way to reward a dozen years of loyalty. Bye ATT.

Yeah but none have of those other carriers are lowering prices on grandfathered plans. In fact last year Verizon raised the price on their grandfathered plan $20.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Hairball55 @tfayewebb I'm not sure how a customer hanging on to an unlimited plan (that isn't offered anymore) that AT&T let them keep makes people a LOYAL customer?

The only reason you would think they want to FORCE you off the plan is if you think you are getting a great deal. Staying for a great deal and leaving when you get reasonable price increases IS NOT LOYAL...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.