Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Customer Complaint

Contributor

Customer Complaint

I switched from Sprint to AT&T and was told that they will handle my bill from Sprint. They told me that I qualified for $650.00 Vise card. I get my bill from Sprint and now they are telling me that the program is not even for the State I live in. Now I'm stuck paying $1100.00 bill. Who do I get in contract with to resolve this problem? 

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Master

Re: Customer Complaint

@MADDEAL, your only hope is filing a BBB complaint. If there wasn’t a promo, the chances of AT&T giving you $1,100 are slim to none, and slim just left for lunch. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Sage

Did you trade in your phones?  Or keep them ?

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Contributor

I traded in my phone.
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: PLEASE read the offer.

@MADDEAL wrote:

I switched from Sprint to AT&T and was told that they will handle my bill from Sprint. They told me that I qualified for $650.00 Vise card. I get my bill from Sprint and now they are telling me that the program is not even for the State I live in. Now I'm stuck paying $1100.00 bill. 

When did you switch? 

For more than a few months now they have limited to this to a few select cities. See https://extrameasures.att.com

They've NEVER paid your old carrier. It was a reimbursement/credit for you, I believe it was 10-12 weeks from the start before you got the reimbursement (so you'd need to pay your orld carrier). It was only UP TO $650 per phone based on what you owed for the phones (not your full bill).

Who do I get in contract with to resolve this problem? 

I'm not sure how to resolve it, what documentation do you have to say you should be getting this offer?

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support