Need help understanding your bill?
AFox30's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, August 12th, 2019 3:03 PM

Corporate Discount Not Applied

I signed up with AT&T Wireless on March 30, 2019 because a friend works for AT&T and guaranteed me a better price than we were getting with Verizon.  I still have not received the corporate discount that we were guaranteed.  I was told by customer service that we can't get the corporate discount with the plan that we signed up for.  I am extremely frustrated because had we known this we would never have switched in the first place.  I went back to our friend who is a customer service manager with AT&T and he was not aware that we couldn't get the discount.  He said that he would make sure that we received the discount even if he had to have a different discount applied to our account.  Almost two months ago, he was having his boss call in to have the discount applied.  We are now in August and we still have not received the discount, which is supposed to be over $50 a month.  I wish that we could have our old phones back and switch back to Verizon without penalty.  We have had nothing but trouble with our phone's reception since switching in March.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

I’m just addressing misinformation you posted in post 6

@AFox30 wrote:

Thank you for your responses.  This is beyond frustrating.  I have most of the correspondence from the beginning regarding the promise of the discount, but now he says that his hands are tied.  I feel like we are stuck because we received the BOGO deal on our phones with the switch, so we can't leave without having to pay off their remaining balances plus the early termination fees for each phone.  I was trying to save money by switching and now we are stuck paying a higher monthly bill and receiving poorer reception.

AT&T and Verizon are no contract carriers, so there are no ETF on phones, just the remaining installments, which are on the bill.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I didn’t realize how many others are in my exact situation? I signed up over a year ago with ATT (which i chose over verizon, sprint, etc) because at sign up employee told me discount DID apply to my unlimited plan. Long story short- dozens of phone calls and hours on the phone did not resolve anything. I asked them to pull the recording from the day i signed up with phone rep, so that would prove to them i was told a completely different price. They said they would, and that a manager would call me. NEVER happened. This isn’t just misinformed employees, but if it is, the issue should be made right by ATT. It seems like employees are wanting to make a sale so they tell you what you want to hear. HMMM... regardless ATT should do something to work with customers who were lied to about what they would be paying, VS what they are being billed. I did the math and over the past year i have paid $600 OVER what i was told my monthly bill will be. Shocking to see so many others with billing issues and nothing is being addressed, i’d take care of that before it turns in to something much bigger than complaints.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@a_masco wrote:

I didn’t realize how many others are in my exact situation? I signed up over a year ago with ATT (which i chose over verizon, sprint, etc). I know for a fact Verizon is exactly the same.  The unlimited plan only allows military and veteran discounts.  

because at sign up employee told me discount DID apply to my unlimited plan. Long story short- dozens of phone calls and hours on the phone did not resolve anything. I asked them to pull the recording from the day i signed up with phone rep, so that would prove to them i was told a completely different price. They said they would, and that a manager would call me. NEVER happened. This isn’t just misinformed employees, but if it is, the issue should be made right by ATT. It seems like employees are wanting to make a sale so they tell you what you want to hear. HMMM... regardless ATT should do something to work with customers who were lied to about what they would be paying, VS what they are being billed. I did the math and over the past year i have paid $600 OVER what i was told my monthly bill will be. Shocking to see so many others with billing issues and nothing is being addressed, i’d take care of that before it turns in to something much bigger than complaints.

Just to clear it up.  You CAN apply your FAN number for discount, but it will not apply to service on the unlimited plans. It may be applied to activation or upgrade fees and maybe phone upgrades, and discount accessories.  

This is not a billing issue.  You have the plan as advertised by At&t.   

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I agree that it is not a billing issue, but I would request that sales employees be told which discounts can be applied to which plans. I was not looking to switch, but I couldn't pass up the deal that I was given. It's partly my fault for not looking up the information myself, but I believed what I was told by the representative of the company. I can also say that the sales manager was completely surprised when I later told him that we were not receiving the discount because it wasn't offered for the plan that he quoted me. I think that a little more training is needed.

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been through such a situation. I totally understand you. It’s not much fun when it happens to you. I’ve been through something similar but regarding other stuff. I’ve bought an online service and they told me I would get a discount of 20%. For two months I had to pay the full price while waiting for the discount. That was so frustrating. I was very angry and I said to myself that I would never again use their service. It’s a good thing there are places like amazon.getyourcouponcodes.com where there are many discounts and I don’t have to wait for a long time before I get them. I don’t know how you’ll manage this situation, but I hope everything will be alright.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I purchased a iphone12 and later learned that 5g was only available on the unlimited plan.  The ATT rep did not tell me i would lose my 28% corp discount by switching from shared plan to unlimited.  In fact, i was told it will appear on my next bill.  Att got me...shame on them and shame on me for trusting.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I just hit this as well. Bought an iPhone SE with promo, the promo applied for 4 cycles and then stopped. I had to go through three rounds of customer service calls to finally learn that the promo is only applicable for unlimited data plans; not Flex plans.

Even now, if I choose to upgrade a phone on one of my lines, the website still shows me promos but now, on top, there's a warning:

"""

Heads up—you might want an unlimited plan. Our deals might not work if don't have that plan.

"""

So, the website doesn't know whether the deal will work. The customer reps don't know whether the deal will work. How are users supposed to know? I had to click into pricing details and read the contract to figure out what it is the deal requires. This is classic bait-and-switch except they are doing it legally by making it difficult for user to understand what they are getting into.

Did anyone successfully find a way out? I already paid 5 more installments w/o the discount and now it seems they want me to pay the full $399. Caveat emptor and all that but this is just so frustrating.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.