For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
AFox30's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, August 12th, 2019 3:03 PM

Corporate Discount Not Applied

I signed up with AT&T Wireless on March 30, 2019 because a friend works for AT&T and guaranteed me a better price than we were getting with Verizon.  I still have not received the corporate discount that we were guaranteed.  I was told by customer service that we can't get the corporate discount with the plan that we signed up for.  I am extremely frustrated because had we known this we would never have switched in the first place.  I went back to our friend who is a customer service manager with AT&T and he was not aware that we couldn't get the discount.  He said that he would make sure that we received the discount even if he had to have a different discount applied to our account.  Almost two months ago, he was having his boss call in to have the discount applied.  We are now in August and we still have not received the discount, which is supposed to be over $50 a month.  I wish that we could have our old phones back and switch back to Verizon without penalty.  We have had nothing but trouble with our phone's reception since switching in March.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

To get the military discount, you would need to do a transfer of billing responsibility to put the account in your brother’s name. He then would need to visit an ATT corporate store with the appropriate documentation to prove his military status to get the discount applied or possibly he could register online. More info here: https://www.att.com/poeportal/selfassessment/veterans. The discount is 25% for either of the Unlimited & More plans and that is 25% on the entire plan, plan charges and line fees.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

i think if you have unlimited or unlimited plus the discount is void

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Yes. That's what we are being told now by customer service, but we never would have switched to AT&T if we were not promised this discount by the customer service manager. I feel like AT&T should make it right.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

your friend was either misinformed or lied to you  but at&t cant or wont give you a discount that does not exist

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

There are no corporate discounts on unlimited data plans, only military and first responders. If your customer service friend doesn’t know that, that is just sad. If you have an unlimited data plan, very unlikely you will be getting the promised discount. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for your responses.  This is beyond frustrating.  I have most of the correspondence from the beginning regarding the promise of the discount, but now he says that his hands are tied.  I feel like we are stuck because we received the BOGO deal on our phones with the switch, so we can't leave without having to pay off their remaining balances plus the early termination fees for each phone.  I was trying to save money by switching and now we are stuck paying a higher monthly bill and receiving poorer reception.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

I feel like AT&T should make it right.

Why? Certainly you can see how that’s just not possible. Your “friend” could then promise a non existent discount to anyone. If anyone should make it right, it’s your friend. Do you need unlimited data? You could switch to the 9GB shared data plan and get your corporate discount.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I see your point. I should clarify that this is a friend of a friend. Not someone that I know personally that was trying get around the system. I believe that he truly didn't know that the discount was not available on the unlimited plan. We have 5 lines on our account. While we don't necessarily need the unlimited data, that's why I switched. I didn't want to have to worry about the data that my kids are using. 9 GB would not be enough for the 5 of us. I also believe that we would lose the BOGO offer if we switched off of the unlimited plan. I am open to any suggestions. I just feel really bad that I talked my parents and brother into switching plans so that I can have more data for the kids at a better price, and now we are paying quite a bit more than we were before. Thanks for your help.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

I also believe that we would lose the BOGO offer if we switched off of the unlimited plan.

Mute point since the 9GB plan won’t work for you but no, you do not lose the BOGO changing plans. The only requirement is to maintain service and complete the installment plan, there is no requirement to keep a specific service plan. Anyone on your plan eligible for a military/veteran discount?  Another possibility is to call the loyalty team and see if they would be willing to put you on one of the grandfathered shared data plans. You could get 20GB of shared data or more and your corporate discount would apply.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you so much for your help. I really do appreciate it. My brother is former navy. He is not currently enlisted. Do you know the requirements? Also, 20GB is plenty of data for the 5 of us, so that is also a possibility. Thank you for giving me a little hope that I may be able to work this out.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.