Need help understanding your bill?
Stay Frosty's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, May 16th, 2014 5:50 PM

Contract Ended - If I bail out now, will I still be charged for a full month?

Hello,

My contract ended and I am now on the month to month payment cycle. I'm about 3 days into the current cycle. If I drop AT&T service now, will I still get charged for the full month even though I only used 3 days of service?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@Stay Frosty wrote:

Hello,

My contract ended and I am now on the month to month payment cycle. I'm about 3 days into the current cycle. If I drop AT&T service now, will I still get charged for the full month even though I only used 3 days of service?

Thanks!

The official stance from AT&T is that they do not pro-rate your final bill.  I would say that you should assume that you will have a full bill, and if it comes in smaller, you won't be too upset about having to pay less than you planned.  If you go the other way around, you would plan for a small bill, and you would probably be very upset if you got a full bill...  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Yikes... So another $105 down the drain for 3 days of service?

How are you supposed to switch carriers at the end of a contract then?

If you cancel before the contract is up, you get an ETF.

If you cancel after the contract is up, you're already in the next billing cycle, therefore you're forced to pay the whole month even though you didn't use it?

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

Why not get your money's worth, use it until close to the end of your billing period. Cancel then.

-Alex

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.