Need help understanding your bill?
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Wednesday, August 1st, 2018 1:00 AM

Consequences of Paying off AT&T Next BOGO Early - New Customers

My wife and I came onto AT&T from Verizon under the BOGO plan late in 2017. All has proceeded as advertised. Regular credits appear on the account.

We are likely traveling to Europe in a few months and would love to be able to use our iPhone 8 Pluses, but with localized SIMs for best rate, rather than AT&T's International Passport @ $10 PD, per device. However, to do that demands we unlock the iPhones - which requires paying off the balance on the (otherwise) 30-month long AT&T Next program. 

If we pay off the phones early, do we lose the remaining months of BOGO credits, or do those continue to apply (up to the end of the 30 month period) as long as account is otherwise in good standing?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Stull a ripoff because all plans offer international calls free between At&the custom; atleast

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@HEYTHISISJ wrote:

Stull a ripoff because all plans offer international calls free between At&the custom; atleast

I don't know what "At&the custom; atleast" means...

Does "all plans" mean all domestic plans or all international add-on plans?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

That doesn't matter my daughter paid hers off because my granddaughter was the "free" one and she paid full price and I lost the credit anyway  

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Vonniep wrote:

That doesn't matter my daughter paid hers off because my granddaughter was the "free" one and she paid full price and I lost the credit anyway  

Pardon?  

That doesn’t make sense the way you worded it.   If the “free” phone is paid off, credits stop.  Says so in the offer.  

The BUY one can be paid off after credit starts.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I'm sorry it didn't. My daughter paid off the buy one and the credit
stopped on the get on.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Vonniep wrote:
I'm sorry it didn't. My daughter paid off the buy one and the credit
stopped on the get on.

That is not supposed to happen, so I bet there is more to the story. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Nope that's it. I gave spent hours on the phone trying to get it fixed but
no one seems to know how to fix it even though they agreed with me.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@zibranm wrote:

Me : that means I can pay off the free/discounted phone after 30 days of activation and still get the BOGO credit as long as the new/associated line remains active for the remaining months of contract. Correct?

AT&T : Correct.

Can anyone verify if the agent was misleading me, or he was correct?

They were incorrect.

If you don't owe payments, then (in theory) there is no payment to credit against.

If you search the forums you can see countless people not getting credits after paying off the free phone.

I had a chat session with AT&T on June 21, 2019, which contradicts with your answer.

When you are responding to 21 other posts, it's hard to tell who you are responding to.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

I had a chat session with AT&T on June 21, 2019, which contradicts with your answer.

When you are responding to 21 other posts, it's hard to tell who you are responding to.

On top of that, you responded to a thread nearly a year old, so things may have changed from whatever answer you were referring to.  @Gary L is absolutely correct, though. Paying off the “free” phone will end any credits. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.