For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Permanentvacat's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Monday, December 17th, 2018 2:23 AM

Closed

Confused and tired of Lies

For the last week I have been trying to get a straight answer to what I think would be an easy question.  So far I have recieved 5 different answers and even spoke to the loyalty team.  I have a unlimited cell plan with currently 2 phones and have just signed up with Directv NOW.  Where I live I have no line of sight for Directv Dish and can not get U-verse or Internet by AT&T.  With tha being said I went over my data streaming Directv NOW and was trying to figure out how to do this.  AT&T told me since I have unlimited data and Directv Now is partnered with AT&T that I can mirror my cell to the tv to watch TV..... that's great I thought.... untill I got text notifications, emails, Facebook....etc etc etc.... so then I started looking into other options.   Came up with a wireless hotspot to stream through my wifi tablet (no cell service for tablet).  Chatted with AT&T using the chat to see if this is possible.  Was told I could add it to my account at $20 a month and stream all the Directv NOW I wanted since it would not count against any data because those mobile hotspots are limited to 50GB but Directv Now would use none of that since its Sponsered Data..... I was like that's perfect.  Went to signed up the the contract said it would be $50 a month, I asked Steve in chat what happened to the $20 a month he said we can change that later.  Sorry AT&T, too many times have I called and told something would change and it never did, so I said I would do it through a local store.  I went to a local store, and the salesperson their said, Steve on chat was lieing to me.  The plan would be $50 a month and would be limited to 50gb of data because the mobile hotspot can not differentiate between Directv Now or regular web surfing.  Well I figured since the data goes through the AT&T towers the salesman was incorrect.  So I come home and make another call to AT&T to see what's up with pricing and was told I could get the mobile hotspot for $50 a month and that the data going through it was all charged the same.  So now I asked to talk to the loyalty department, got a hold of Carlos there, he says I can add mobile hotspot to my plan and data would not be charged useing streaming through the mobile hotspot but had no idea what the plans monthly fee would be since they no longer sell mobile hotspots.  He was going to document the pricing on my account, which for other items has never been documented that anyone can see.  So I get on chat the next day to find out about the plan and to see if Carlos has it documented.  Well Steve on chat tells me that the plan would be $50 a month limited to 50gb no matter what data I used, then I ask him if he saw any notes on my account from the loyalty department..... he came back with you talked to the loyalty department?  I said yes and I wanna confirm what notes and pricing is available to me.  He came back with well what did he say?  I said I just want to confirm what he wrote because of the course of a week I have been told numerous prices etc and things about data.... but of course nothing I can get in writing to take to a store.  He said well what do I think it should be.   So I said I was looking for $20 a month bill and unlimited streaming through the mobile hotspot.   He said I can confirm that... which I saved in a screen shot.  Now my question is will this be honored or what?  I keep hearing how at&t reps in chat say one thing just to please customers but that's not the deal when you get the bill..Screen shot from steve in last chat

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

Okay not reading the whole thing.

To simplify:  

1.   You can stream data free through the mobile apps only.  If using a streaming device it’s not a mobile app, and not free data.  

2.   Att does not allow dedicated hotspots on unlimited plans.  Not at any price, certainly not at $20. *  So that is a pointless device and plan for your purposes.  

3.  Clueless person sold you a device and plan you can’t use as you expected, and they should have known it. 

If you have a iphone you can cable direct to a TV and mirror the screen and use data free TV.  If you have an android you can’t android doesn’t allow screen mirror via cable.

* the 2017 unlimited plus plan did allow these devices for almost 8 months.  

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

So basically at&t chat ppl lie and good thing I did not buy the mobile
hotspot to stream and the in store person was correct.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

They would have to know something to be a lie.  They do not understand DTVN or data free TV.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

In your words they do not know DTVN or data free TV, then why are they give price quotes in the AT&T chat or over phone calls to AT&T or even to the Loyalty department.... who do I as a consumer ask then?   If I am on an AT&T site asking an AT&T employee they should either have the correct info or say I do not know. Instead of giving people wrong answers or whatever you want to label it.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

1.   Most chat and call center do not work for ATT.

2.   Quotes are based on lists of 1 from column A 1,2,3 etc from column B, then add a phone.  It’s simple stupid math.   

DirecTV now is a prepaid streaming service, like PS Vue or Sling.  It’s sold as a completely separate service.   DTVN has their own chat reps who seem to have a decent grasp of the product.  No other department knows squat about DTVN unless they use it themselves.  

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

Ok, so chat people go through check boxes to help people with incorrect information....and when I call at&t these people just go through scripts kinda like the chat people.  Neither one of the groups works for at&t to answer questions tho?  So my question is who may I call to talk to someone that would know and that does work for at&t?  The loyalty team? Do they work for at&t?  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Many call centers have been outsourced but I do not believe it is accurate to say none of them work for ATT. Regardless of whether they are contracted or not, accurate information should be provided. You are getting accurate information here, what exactly are you still looking for?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

What I am looking for is a way to contact someone when I have a question
about a product or service and the fees I will be charged that has accurate
information. Chat and phone calls even tho they have access to my account
have not provided that nor has even the loyalty team. The answers I am
getting here basically just are saying the people customers can contact can
not really give proper pricing for services because they are outsourced.
So how do I contact at&t employees for correct information?

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I worked for AT&t and they make it confusing on purpose.

They literally had me trying to sell old grandmother's internet services that cost way too much and they did not even know how to use. They are very intrusive and tried to sell anyone anything all the time especially people that don't understand. They are actually targeting people. They hire a second company like Sykes to train the operators in a system that is a mishmash of old and new and confusing. They constantly change how to do things and are constantly confusing even the sales people about how the plans work.

They were a horrible company that needs to go bankrupt

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

2 years ago

4yo post.  Closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.