For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Emily1129's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, April 26th, 2018 9:47 PM

Complaint- Worst Customer Service

I went on a cruise to Bahamas, Jamaica, Mexico, and Cayman Islands in March. First time ever on a cruise. I get home and find a $270++ bill for data usage from my cell phone.  I immediately called ATT and told them I did not understand the charges and the person on the phone tells me she will escalate the issue and get it resolved. After not hearing back from ATT I look online and my bill is $606.00! I call 611 and speak to Pinky Joy. She assures me the charges are removed and she is sending another communication to the escalation department since it is International. She provided me with the remaining balance due and I immediately paid it on 4/18. On Sunday 4/22, as I am heading to church I notice my call is not able to access the internet. I then call ATT technichal support to help me and they inform me my account has been suspended for the International charges. At this point I have been on hold over 2 hours, sent to Phillipines and Mexico call centers. I asked to speak to a supervisor and I get Rey in the Phillipines. Behold the rudest man I have ever talked to. It was not until I told him I recorded his tone and rude demeanor that he credited me $30 for the inconvenience. It wasn't until my husband gets on the phone that he credits my account $30. This is all after I was told be an ATT representative Pinky Joy the $272 charges would be removed! Rey tells me I need to call unified billing in America if I want anything else done. I then have every agent refusing to connect me to unified billing. I finally get Alex in Unified billing that again gives me my balance due and tells me he will credit me $50. I look at my bill today and he did not apply any credit or leave any notes on my account. I then try to call Alex and get Monica in Philipines who said there is no manager because they are in meetings and cannot call me back. She again tells me there are notes from Rey that all they can do is what they applied with the $30 credit.  She refused to connect me to Unified billing.

I have 6 lines with ATT. I have been loyal and love ATT. This has been the worst service I have ever experience. ATT is getting too big and does not value customer loyalty. 

Can someone please call me back and help me? Should I go the the ATT store in person? 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I agree on their customer service.  I have had nothing but trouble since switching.   I was charged $150 on my second bill for a deposit that I was not told about.  Customer service said, "It doesn't always show on an online order.  Sorry for the inconvenience, but you have to pay it.  Nothing we can do."  That is all the info I received after nearly two hours on the phone.  Each department saying they couldn't help and sending me to another dept.  who told me it was the previous dept. responsibility.  Time and space  would not allow me to go into the other problems that I have had.  Not pleased at all with the customer service.  

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

It's no excuse for poor or rude customer service, but you didn't tell us any reason the charges aren't correct. Did you use your phone on the cruise? If so, the charges are probably correct even though you don't understand your bill. 

Cell phone service on cruises is expensive. When the service is used, AT&T pays the provider. It's not going to have any desire to let you off the hook for those charges. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I did not use the phone on the cruise which is the whole point. In addition, two ATT employees told me the charges woul be taken off and the charges were never taken care of. The one name I have is because she was so helpful I even completed a survey after the call. Her name is Pinky Joy. She told me she took care of the charges through escalation.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

The whole point is I did not use my phone. Your representative Pinky Joy told me the charges were credited through the escalation. Does that mean if your representative offers to waive a charge and does not follow through it’s my fault? Alex in unified billing also told me he would credit me $50 and never did either. This is unacceptable for a company like ATT.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Emily1129 wrote:

I did not use the phone on the cruise which is the whole point. In addition, two ATT employees told me the charges woul be taken off and the charges were never taken care of. The one name I have is because she was so helpful I even completed a survey after the call. Her name is Pinky Joy. She told me she took care of the charges through escalation.

You did not use your phone at all on the cruise? Meaning it was powered off the entire time? Or did you use it, but it was in airplane mode? 

How did AT&T know you were on a cruise if you didn't use your phone? Did they have someone stalking you? 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Emily1129

Of course you used your phone... or rather you did not prevent your phone from connecting by using airplane mode.   

Heres where I sound like a broken record:   You, the user, are responsible for data use, no one else.  When you are not in the USA your phone is still capable of connecting to other networks, unless you disable it in some way. M

You did not.

I recall one user said the room TV has all kinds of information scrolling.  Including warnings and options for your cell phones.  Another said there are signs all over as you board, in many languages.  

In summation, the person put in a ticket for credit to be nice.  The ticket was reviewed, charges deemed valid, credit denied.   

To get service back, you must pay your full bill.  This is SOP as no carrier covers cruiselines without a package.  US carriers do not have airline packages.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I guess what you are doing is calling your customer a liar. Your employee from the Philippines Pinky Joy did not tell me she was going to research it. She said she was going to credit my account. Your representative Alex in Unified billing told me he would credit me $50.00. Are you now going back on your word? I am sorry I am not a seasoned cruiser. I am an honest person that goes b people’s word. If they tell you they are providing you a one time credit then you would expect that. Would you not?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

We don’t work for ATT.  This is a customer populated forum, not ATT support.

No one called you a liar.  

No one said anything about ‘researching’. 

An unauthorized credit was put in for a valid charge, for service you used while roaming.

What ATT did is tell you “No”.  And voided the credit.  Since you didn’t disable your phone, it connected to other carriers and you ran up charges.  That other carrier refused to credit ATT, so ATT refuses to credit you.  

It was your screw up for not using airplane mode or keeping roaming data ‘off’.  

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I have worked in the customer service industry and it may have been an error or lack of experience situation. I sincerely called ATT and was told my account would be credited twice and it did not happen. What business offers compensation and goes back on their word? Not a company to do business with for sure.🤥🤥🤥

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Emily1129

The credit should never have been promised or given. The original request for credit or ticket to review the charge, was correct, and obviously refused as further charges were posted.  It should have ended there.

Pinky Joy and the other person obviously don’t  work for ATT, but a leased call center.  They had no right to credit your account for valid charges you incurred.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.