For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
aboothe1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, October 17th, 2017 2:02 PM

Complaint - Extremely frustrated - Chat "support" is pushing me to switch to Verizon

I have been a customer of AT&T since '94 and the last three "support" contacts with AT&T has me looking at Verizon. This started Oct 2 when I utilized the chat support to replace an existing phone with new one. The phone swap went well but within a couple days I received two emails explaining the new insurance added to my line. I did not, and would not, ask for or approve insurance on a cell phone. So, I went back to the chat and requested the new insurances removed before any charges were posted to the account. I was assured that this would happen and no charges would post to my account. Once again, the chat personnel showed how deceptive they really are. This person only moved the insurances from one number to another number on my account. I'm now seeing the charge I was promised would not show up on my bill. So, like a fool, I contacted chat 'support' again and once again I was promised the insurance charges would be removed and a credit applied to my bill. Of course that didn't happen but now I have a different data plan on my account.

Looks like 23 years as a customer gets you nothing with AT&T. If this is something that is to difficult to fix and the chat support is to difficult to manage then it might be time to switch.

I want all charges that are over and above my normal bill prior to October removed. It should have never been placed on my account. If these were employees my mine and they three lied to my customers, I'd fire them. I'm sure, however, there will be no way to see the chat sessions I had.  

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

7 years ago

The easiest way to remove the insurance or any other add ons you don't want or need is to go into your account online,  and remove them yourself, you need to do it for each number (i even had it on my wifes tablet for 2 years and was unaware) as far as reimbursement i don't know how you would get that as i just let it be as lesson learned to be more aware of my bill Good Luck

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I did monitor my bill. That's how I noticed the problem. I also, removed
the charge from my phone but didn't see it listed on the other numbers on
my account at that time or I would have removed them as well. Thanks for
the suggestions, though.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.