For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Wednesday, September 28th, 2016 2:47 PM

Charging erroneous out of state taxes/fees

I just got off phone w/resolutions dept about their continued charging my bill for various Texas taxes and fees for past 26 months...when I haven't lived there or had an address on file there for 26 months!!! Why can NO credit be given for ATTs mistake on this issue and all fault placed on user who correctly changed billing address as required upon moving states?? Extremely poor customer service, potential fraud IMO by charging me fees/taxes for 26 months for a state I haven't lived in for 26 months....zero bill credit given and all fault placed on me for not reviewing "my taxes more closely" on monthly bills....contacting FCC next

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

MarkFL

Go ahead and contact the FCC, but it is your mistake, not ATT's. You changed your billing address but failed to change the usage address....two different things. Best example is kids away at college in another state, but parents paying the bill. I suggest you log into your account and change your usage location and forget about getting a credit. Ain't gonna happen as long as you had the wrong usage location on file.

Untitled 5.jpg

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

I suggest you keep your mouth shut and enjoy the break.  

Florida effective tax rate is 22.38%

Texas effective rate is 17.55%

Why would you want your tax to go up?

http://taxfoundation.org/article/wireless-taxation-united-states-2014

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

Looks like @MarkFL has deleted his forum account upon being pointed out that this was his mistake, not ATT's.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

LOL.  After it was pointed out his bill would go up if ATT realized it, he was probably afraid they would find him and fix his account.   I would love to figure out how to get my address and location changed to Idaho, Nevada, or Oregon.  They pay around 7-8%

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.