Charges for LTE that I was not told about

Contributor

Charges for LTE that I was not told about

I was wondering why AT&T feels it necessary to charge an additional $40 a month on top of the $70 per device I am already paying for Family Share? It would have been nice to have been warned that you were doing this when I either purchased my phones or before you turned the service on in my area (both as of November 2012). Can I opt out of LTE and use HSPDA+ like I was on my previous device?

Message 1 of 3 (2,147 Views)
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by gregzoll_1 (Professor)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Charges for LTE that I was not told about

[ Edited ]

Hey, I'm not sure what plan you're referring to, can you please give more details about it. There is no extra charge for LTE, in fact all data plan have always been billed the same price regardless of the network they use. I believe there is some sort of confusion on your part, we can explain, please provide more details about your plan. It sounds like you have a Mobile Share plan, is that correct? If so, you pay $70 per account, it's a one charge that covers up to 10 lines, for 4 GB of data and then $40 per smartphone for plan access which gives them that data, unlimited calls and texts ($30 for basic phones, $20 Laptops, Aircards and Mi-Fi, $10 Tablets and Gaming devices).

Example.

Mobile Share plan with 4 GBs, unlimited minutes and texts, 3 smartphones, 1 flip phone and 1 tablet:

$70 for data.

$40 smartphone 1

$40 smartphone 2

$40 smartphone 3

$30 flip phone

$10 tablet

= $230 total before taxes. 

Message 2 of 3 (2,140 Views)
Professor

Re: Charges for LTE that I was not told about

It is stated in the info, before you agree to the terms. Always review everything, before signing the contract, or making any changes. The Family Share has a base price, then yes there is a price per unit charge, for each device. It has nothing to do with LTE.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.