For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
bonaparte94's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 15th, 2014 3:15 PM

Charged twice for the same plan

I've had my phone for two months. I have automatic payments set up, and a few days before I have to pay I get a text from 7535 saying "Your rate plan will renew on [date]. There must be enough balance in your GoPhone acct." then 2 days before I get a message from 28898788 saying "Just a payment reminder, your GoPhone Auto Refill for $40 will occur in 2 days, on [date]." 

On the day of renewal, I get charged twice and both numbers text me saying the charge was successful. The extra 40 is in my account balance, and last month I didn't care because I figured it would just cover this month, but it doesn't matter anyway because that money gets taken out as well as 40 from my bank account, which just put me under again. I need this fixed because this has put me in the hole twice now and I'm sick of these overdraft fees. I tried calling last month and was given a number to talk to a supervisor, but the number wasn't working when I tried calling it. 

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

10 years ago

If you haven't gotten this issue resolved click on the link below and you will be taken to a screen you can send Customer Care a PM.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service.  They can help you get this resolved.  They will probably contact you via PM as well so watch for message notifications.

http://forums.att.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/my-profile?tab=messages¬eToUserId=192773

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

They do the same to me also, second charge puts a hold on my acct for 7 days which leaves me in the hole n no $ .......why they do this is beyond me, they get their money on the first charge, why put a hold on acct a second time?? 😡😠
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.