Need help understanding your bill?
qazi543756's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, August 4th, 2017 1:29 PM

Charged for incoming international call

Hello,

If someone from Germany calls me here in the US, do I get charged international rate,even though I am just the receiver of the call?

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Figured out how to attach. It was the 216 (Cleveland area code) that was an incoming call charged as International. It was hard to get a wider shot off my phone but if anyone can decipher, I'd appreciate it.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Very strange because on one screen it shows that call being 427 minutes but on the bill you were charged for a minute of international long distance. I just wonder if someone found a hack to place international long distance calls and charge them to another number. Perhaps that happened when you answered that call. Otherwise, it has to be a billing error.

• 

7 Messages

Inbound calls are being charged. Period.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This just happened to my son as well!  Why oh why are we getting charged for answering a call?  The person making the call is already getting charged.  For us it was a wrong number but because he answered, they said the call was 1 minute and charged us.  Absolutely asinine to charge us for that!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I am on with an ATT rep now and being told the same thing. If an international number calls an American AT&T number, AT&T will charge the recipient of the call at international rates. 

• 

7 Messages

That is RIDICULOUS!!! And yes it is happening.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Cjstumpf007 wrote:

I am on with an ATT rep now and being told the same thing. If an international number calls an American AT&T number, AT&T will charge the recipient of the call at international rates. 

If the AT&T user is out of the country, then yes you'll pay for international calls (and calls from the US); but BECAUSE you are out of the country.

• 

7 Messages

No Gary. That is NOT what is happening.

The receiver (AT&T Customer) is IN THE USA. The caller is OUTSIDE the USA.

Receiver is getting charged by AT&T.

We are not talking about Roaming charges here. We are simple talking about people answering their phones from an international call and being billed for it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I just got off the phone with AT&T.  If you are looped in on a 3 way call initiated by someone else overseas it will charge you as if you initiated the call. AT&T needs to fix this flaw. They were understanding and removed the call charge

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.