Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Charged for incoming international call

Contributor

Charged for incoming international call

Hello,

If someone from Germany calls me here in the US, do I get charged international rate,even though I am just the receiver of the call?

Message 1 of 17
ACE - Expert

@Cjstumpf007 wrote:

I am on with an ATT rep now and being told the same thing. If an international number calls an American AT&T number, AT&T will charge the recipient of the call at international rates. 

If the AT&T user is out of the country, then yes you'll pay for international calls (and calls from the US); but BECAUSE you are out of the country.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 17
Highlighted
Contributor

I just got off the phone with AT&T.  If you are looped in on a 3 way call initiated by someone else overseas it will charge you as if you initiated the call. AT&T needs to fix this flaw. They were understanding and removed the call charge

Message 17 of 17
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support