Need help understanding your bill?
qazi543756's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, August 4th, 2017 1:29 PM

Charged for incoming international call

Hello,

If someone from Germany calls me here in the US, do I get charged international rate,even though I am just the receiver of the call?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

7 years ago

@qazi543756 wrote:

Hello,

If someone from Germany calls me here in the US, do I get charged international rate,even though I am just the receiver of the call?

No.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the quick answer.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Wrong. You will be charged. It happened to me last week and I called. AT&T credited me as it was a scam call but I was told you are charged which is ridiculous!

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

6 years ago

You got charged because it was an incoming collect call more than likely. Incoming international calls are not billed as anything other than standard calls.

What does the line item on the bill say? Certainly would like to see what that looked like to confirm. Because no way am I going to see INCOMING next to that call and a charge for it on an image of the bill.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@jra821  Unless you are roaming, there is never a charge for incoming calls.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

No I’m sorry to disappoint you but it was not a collect call. I was with my daughter when it happened. She answered the phone with hello then immediately hung up. Again, I called AT&T and spoke to customer loyalty. They confirmed that the receiving party gets charged on international calls. It makes no sense to me but that’s what I was told, and that’s how I was charged.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@jra821

collect calls are not possible on cell phones.  

The rep was wrong.  If you are in the coverage area (USA, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands) there is no charge for receiving calls, no matter where they come from.  While it would show on your bill, it should not have a $ charge.  

• 

7 Messages

I live out of the country and my mother has had an AT&T plan for years. She has been getting charged for every time I call her. NOt collect calls. I have an international plan. Caller should be charged not receiver. She keeps getting charged. Period.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@jra821 There are no international charges for an incoming international call. If you say you got charged, we believe you but there has to be an explanation for that charge and the explanation you were given is unacceptable because it is wrong. You said they did credit you so it is more likely the charge was a mistake and them telling you there is supposed to be a charge was an attempt to cover up that mistake. Either that or you are on an old plan or a plan that charges by the minute for all calls.

• 

7 Messages

My mother has been charged for inbound international calls for a year. Every month she has to call and dispute. Every time I call her from out of the country AT&T charges her.

No ifs ands or buts. AT&T is charging customers for inbound international calls. No denying it.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Hi ,

I'm trying to include JPG files of pictures of the bill but not attaching. The line item shows an incoming International call but it was a local area code on the bill with a $1.99 charge for one minute under LD/Add'l Charges. It happened on Nov 16 in the afternoon. No I am not on an old plan. Yes I know collect calls are not accepted on mobile phones. I'm sorry if I sounded snippy but I just hate AT&T, always get a run around, have a billing error each month, issues with an old account that keeps popping up, etc....I have no doubt that someone told me what I wanted to hear. I have no doubt that the info may have been bogus. And I have no doubt that I'll never know the story. But at least it was credited. I think we can put this to rest. Thanks!

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

IMG-8792.JPGLooIMG-8791.JPGIMG-8793.JPG

3 Attachments

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.