Need help understanding your bill?
Camoore969908's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 2:01 AM

Charged for both Multidevice Protection & Multidevice Support

Why would I be charged for both Multidevice insurance & support? The only "support" I have ever gotten from AT&T was when I was sold 1 of my phones (at a cost of $750-$800) or when I called to inquire about 1 of the many charges on my phone bill, was given lip-service by 1 of your reps..."oh, yes, Mr. ***, you're a valued customer...here's this discount & that discount"...AND THEN HAD MY BILL GO UP $21.91?!?!?! BUT I get charged for "SUPPORT"? My bill is over $400 per month, yet AT&T still has the gal to charge me $3.55 in admin fees & $6.25 a month for something called a "Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge". Really? Not even your admin fees are covered by the multi-device support? I'll even give you a pass on the taxes & 911 fees, but the Regulatory charge? Let me give you some advice on that 1...If you would stop GOUGING your "valuable customers", then you could stop having class action law suites for over-charging your "valued customers". Then, once your industry isn't crooked, you won't have to be regulated...not that if matters to you guys. You settle up for a couple million (90% of which goes to lawyers) & write all the people you rip off a $6.00 check. That doesn't even pay my regulatory charge for a month! So, once again, why am I being charged for multi-device insurance & support? Can I please get an answer that doesn't increase my monthly bill.

[Edited for privacy. This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Camoore969908 wrote:

Why would I be charged for both Multidevice insurance & support?

You do know you don't have to pay for insurance, right? It's OPTIONAL.

And have you read the policy and seen the deductibles?  You might want to reconsider it...

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, I did. I've actually used it twice...3 kids on my plan. I don't have a problem with paying for something that I actually use. My problem is being charged for the same thing, just under a different name. It's fraud & it's going to make another set of rich lawyers some place even more rich some day.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Seems you don't know what your paying for, or who....

https://www.att.com/offers/device-protection.html

ATT does not insure your device.   Insurance is provided by Asurion, an unrelated company that provides coverage for all carriers.  The multi protection pack covers phones, tablets and laptops, even if not purchased from ATT.  It will pay up to $1,500 for a single loss (as it did for a friends MacBook Air).  

Regulatory cost recovery is a government fee.  With the exception of the 76 cent admin fee, none of the tax or fees is kept by ATT.  

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Camoore969908 wrote:

Why would I be charged for both Multidevice insurance & support?

What exactly are the charges (name and amount) as they appear on your bill?

Do they match up with any of the plans mentioned here: https://www.att.com/offers/device-protection.html

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.