For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
asatapathy's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, June 25th, 2016 8:42 AM

Charge for blocked international calls.

I upgraded my individual cell phone to a family plan on May 5th. Additional lines were used by my kids. International call was blocked in my original plan. I was expecting same to be exteneded to these new phone. However it was not. As soon as I observed a call in my child's phone to India( who supposed to use calling card for reaching out grand parents), I called the office on May 18th. they gave me a credit of the amount and told me that my international calls are blocked hence further. I saw similar calls on subsequently and called ATT on 24th May, 4th June to confirm. On both these occasion, they confirmed of the same.. However I got a $570 additional charge in my June bill. When I called AT&T, multiple customer service people keep me on hold and then the call dies. After 4 calls, I could reach an agent, who is ready to listen. However she refuse to credit the amount telling that you uses calling card. After a long discussion, she reduces my biull from $57p to $70. I told her, I am not in favor of this solution, however looking at your customer service, I don't know whether I can get a better resolution for this issue. The resolution is not shown in my account yet, it is under review. The whole time taken to reach this resolution is 4hour 30 minutes.

1. Custpomer service of ATT is degraded to a large extent. That is my observation,

2. Illogical arguments, and intetnionally killing and forwarding to irrevalnet dept, by customer service is reprehensible.

3. It is only one and half month gone from my 24 month contract. Is there a way, I can get away from this contract?  Is there a place where I can appeal and get complete justice in this case.

I expect whole additional charges should be dropped. If i blocked international call and then get a bill of $570 for such calls, and customer service forced me to accept a reduced charge expressing their inability to do something meaningful, what are my alternatives to solve this problem to my satisfaction?

By the way, the agent forced me to upgrade my kids plan to $15 international call, because even after block, I could able to call India that I showed to the agent.

Thanks for your help.

Amiya

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

You are not  in a 2 year service contract, unless it predates January 8th this year.  (Which would be less than 24 months left).  2 year contracts no longer exist.

If you bought new phones, you are under a purchase agreement for phones only.  However if you terminate service, the balance on the phones is due immediately.   

How can you say customer service is degraded when they TWICE cut your bill down by hundreds of dollars for legitimate calls?

~~~

How were the calling cards used in the past?  Since you have changed service (even within the same company) you need to know how to use the calling cards so calls are not routed through ATT.  (You could all be using Skype or similar App for free calls over wifi).   Typically not using the regular phone disk app is required for calling cards.  

If you need more help resolving account settings to avoid additional charges, send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare.    (Click on blue letters, then the message box, then fill in title and text box). 

I assume they added international calling discount on 3 lines at $5 per line.   This reduces the rate of the calls your kids made to the $70 they billed.   The actual rate without a calling plan is more than 10 times the discounted rates.  

More info on the plan here:

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/international/long-distance.html?tab=1

image.png

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

And you my friend are not the first or the last. I had my mom's international calls blocked because she accidentally made a call and was charged for $5. Right after that I blocked them and called international number to make sure it was blocked and the call wouldn't go through. And it was. 11 months later I get a bill for the last month $578, $467 for one international call. Trying to solve it with ATT and I'm hoping they resolve it or it will become a huge problem. 

Her phone # still shows that she can't make international calls but somehow she did get charged. Yup it happens and ATT better figure out that glitche

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.