Helpful Links

Changing iPad but want same data plan.

Tutor

Changing iPad but want same data plan.

I have an ipad (regular sim) that I still have the old unlimited data plan on. A number of times AT&T has tried to get me off of it, even changing it without my authorization until I spoke with a supervisor to have it changed back. I want to switch it over to a different ipad (micro sim). Is there a method for doing this? Will AT&T do this willingly, or use the opportunity to try to get me off the unlimited plan again?

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: Changing iPad but want same data plan.

Yes, what you want to do can be done without any issues. =)

They are simply switching the iPad sim with another one (they might need the IMEI but still no issues).
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Tutor

Thanks for the reply. I spoke with AT&T, and as it turns out it is done entirely from the ipad and they aren't even involved. When you go to settings>cellular data, you can select an option for transferring plan from other ipad. I did this, entered the account info, and in about 15 seconds it transferred the account over.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
Community Manager

Sounds easy enough, thank you for sharing!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support