Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Change in ATT Wireless Bill - mulit-line charge separated from user.

Highlighted
Contributor

Change in ATT Wireless Bill - mulit-line charge separated from user.

the change in the new bill is terrible and i need help.  I have a family plan with several phones.  Previously, the $85 base fee was included in the primary phone's account, so under the primary, it would read $85 multi line charge, and $20 for the phone number, for a total of 105.  (i am rounding for taxes etc to make it simple).  Under the new bill the $85 is separated.  For those of us who get reimbursed from our companies, you just cost us $85, because our accounting departments look at the person's number and now reimburse $20 instead of $105.  i called customer service and they sent a form letter that says please reimburse this guy for the multiline charge!  they said they have been getting a lot of these calls.  Anyway, without the reimbursement, i am now out of pocket $85x12 or over $1,000 per year.  So when my phones are paid, which will be very shortly, you are forcing me to switch to TMobile because i ust can afford that.  Can you switch back to old bill statement?  thank you.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by prubedog
‎03-26-2019 8:26 AM

Re: Change in ATT Wireless Bill - mulit-line charge separated from user.

Interesting. I am allowed my line, plus 1/5 of the plan fee (as I have 5 lines total).  Was never allowed the entire plan fee.  

It’s more likely you can get the company policy on reimbursement to change.  

I either case, this isn’t where you make a request, it’s a community forum, not AT&T.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by prubedog
‎03-26-2019 8:27 AM

Re: Change in ATT Wireless Bill - mulit-line charge separated from user.

@prubedog wrote:

the change in the new bill is terrible and i need help.  I have a family plan with several phones.  Previously, the $85 base fee was included in the primary phone's account, so under the primary, it would read $85 multi line charge, and $20 for the phone number, for a total of 105.  (i am rounding for taxes etc to make it simple).  Under the new bill the $85 is separated.  For those of us who get reimbursed from our companies, you just cost us $85, because our accounting departments look at the person's number and now reimburse $20 instead of $105.  i called customer service and they sent a form letter that says please reimburse this guy for the multiline charge!  they said they have been getting a lot of these calls.  Anyway, without the reimbursement, i am now out of pocket $85x12 or over $1,000 per year.  So when my phones are paid, which will be very shortly, you are forcing me to switch to TMobile because i ust can afford that.  Can you switch back to old bill statement?  thank you.

I agree with @lizdance40 that you should talk to your employer. If you think about it, being reimbursed for the entire shared plan was never right to begin with, since only a portion of that fee pertains to your use.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support