Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Change from unlimited choice to unlimited II Choice says only $5 - 10 /mo increase but bill not true

Contributor

Change from unlimited choice to unlimited II Choice says only $5 - 10 /mo increase but bill not true

At&t changed plan without notice and increased billing amount. Simply sent email telling us to review our order.  So, since we had not made any order that we knew of we called customer service.  They could not explain anything. Just told us no fraudulent activity had been made.  When we asked why we saw an increase in our next bill according to a summary, they told us there was no new activity and we should wait until our next bill to see.  NOT HELPFUL.

Since going back online and clicking around, we, ourselves, found the answer.  A plan change made by AT&T without our input.

The online info says only $10 / mo increase, but summary says the bill will increase by $35/mo. 

Not happy.

Why no notice that our plan was being discontinued?  We can see how it benefits the company but not the user.  Oh well.  Thanks for not much.

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Sage

Re: Change from unlimited choice to unlimited II Choice says only $5 - 10 /mo increase but bill not

Summaries are never right.  Wait for the bill.  See the photo of my bill and summary as an example

You were sent an email, how is that NOT notice in advance?

B06103F8-034D-41D6-887B-C546E1E0CCA8.jpeg910F5BA3-8301-4A32-A295-DCD042F7B661.jpeg

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Re: Change from unlimited choice to unlimited II Choice says only $5 - 10 /mo increase but bill not

I had the same thing happen to me. No advance notice, no message the plan was changing. Just an email about 5 days after my new cycle started that there were updates to my att account. Customer service said nothing changed When I called about it. Then my next bill was $35 higher, and it shows my plan changed from Choice to Choice II. Most of that seems to be from them force changing my plan mid cycle, but thats not my problem. Att are the ones who did it. Going to file FCC complaint as they need to provide advance notice of plan increases. I combed over the last 6 months of bills and no such notice was given. 

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert

@Kaedef, you’re right, they should give notice, but what do you expect the FCC to do? Force AT&T to build a time machine? 

I think you could make an argument for getting a credit for the difference in price on this bill, but is it really worth it? Your better off looking at other plans to find one that better meets your needs, if any. 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

Yes I do expect the difference in credit, and being placed back on the old plan as others threads have mentioned they are doing. I’ve had good results from filing a complaint with the FCC in the past (3 months ago) for a prior issue we had with them. The unlimited plan fits my needs fine, as it was. A $10 increase isn’t bad, but they need to follow consumer protection laws regarding notice in my state.
Message 5 of 7
ACE - Expert

@Kaedef The FCC won’t do anything themselves, they simply pass your complaint on to ATT. You will get a response from ATT’s Office of the President. If you can prove you got no notice, you may well get some compensation but I suggest you go back and look at previous bills again, the PDF version. The price increase would have been in the “News You Can Use” section.

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

@dkrfut wrote:

Why no notice that our plan was being discontinued?  We can see how it benefits the company but not the user.  Oh well.  Thanks for not much.

Check your last few bills (the printed or PDF version) in the NEWS YOU CAN USE section.

Most people have been finding the announcement in there. I think it could be more obvious and a special e-mail would be great too, which very very few are reporting getting, for people to see it more easily (it's obvious the bill is going up, so why piss people off because they didn't see it?).

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support