Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 5, 2011
9:15:32 PM
View profile
Cancelling service with a security deposit

So i have decided to leave AT&T and I have a $300 security deposit that doesn't release until April of next year, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming this is how it would break down:

$165-$170 for the early cancellation

The last bill I haven't paid and this month's

Then the $300 would be applied to those charges and then I'd pay the remaining negative balance correct?

Thanks, the sooner the response the better. I want out of this network ASAP!

So i have decided to leave AT&T and I have a $300 security deposit that doesn't release until April of next year, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming this is how it would break down:

$165-$170 for the early cancellation

The last bill I haven't paid and this month's

Then the $300 would be applied to those charges and then I'd pay the remaining negative balance correct?

Thanks, the sooner the response the better. I want out of this network ASAP!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 6, 2011 3:53:10 AM
(0)
Employee
Yes. You have it right. When you cancel ( monthly charges are not refunded so do it on the last day of your billing cycle) any ETF and usage will apply to the last invoice, the deposit will be released to the account, and you would then be responsible for any remaining balance.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Cancelling service with a security deposit

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 6, 2011 3:53:10 AM
(0)
Employee
Yes. You have it right. When you cancel ( monthly charges are not refunded so do it on the last day of your billing cycle) any ETF and usage will apply to the last invoice, the deposit will be released to the account, and you would then be responsible for any remaining balance.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Cancelling service with a security deposit

2 of 2 (1,731 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments