Need help understanding your bill?
rikomenz's profile

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012 4:18 AM

Cancelling my AT&T Account - What else do I pay for asides from ETF?

I'm switching carriers and I need to cancel my AT&T wireless service. I know I'll need to pay an ETF, which I'm fully prepared for, but I'm wondering what other fees I'm going to have to pay. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

11 years ago

You will also pay for the last full month of service. It's not prorated. I'd recommend checking your bill to find out your billing cycle, and try to switch service as near to the end of the cycle as possible to avoid paying for service you won't use. 

A reminder, if you want to keep the same phone number, the new company needs to port it to them. They will initiate this process. Once your number ports, your AT&T account (for that phone number) will be closed. DO NOT call AT&T and disconnect the line, or you will lose the number.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

The ETF will be included in your final bill. You will need to pay the bill by the due date just like the prior bills 🙂

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Hi there!

Firstly, sorry to hear you wish to cancel your plan with AT&T. Is there anything the community can help you with in hopes you will stay a part of the AT&T family? Is it a billing issue? Maybe we can help find a better plan to suit your needs.

As far as switching carriers, the post above mine has hit the nail on the head. 😉

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you all for your answers.

AT&T has been good to me. This is simply a personal decision that I've been planning to make for some time and I'm pretty set on it.

I do also have another question: Do I have to pay my last bill and the ETF all at once upon cancellation?

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

11 years ago

You will be sent a bill for all remaining charges that is due upon receipt.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I have been loyal to ATT for 11 years, and have never had a problem. I have recently found a new carrier, and have decided to go with them. I just renewed my contract with ATT last year, when I bought the 4s.- I have about one year left. I know I will have ETF, and have to pay my any of a final bill that i may have.

I will be porting both my son's number, and mine to other company. i need to unlock my phones. I have tried several times, but keep receiving error messages.

I assume I will need to call the 611 number from my  mobile device. I don't think I can do it through the website.

Thank you,

I have good service.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

11 years ago

@squirrel605 wrote:

I have been loyal to ATT for 11 years, and have never had a problem. I have recently found a new carrier, and have decided to go with them. I just renewed my contract with ATT last year, when I bought the 4s.- I have about one year left. I know I will have ETF, and have to pay my any of a final bill that i may have.

I will be porting both my son's number, and mine to other company. i need to unlock my phones. I have tried several times, but keep receiving error messages.

I assume I will need to call the 611 number from my  mobile device. I don't think I can do it through the website.

Thank you,

I have good service.

You will be able to unlock your iPhone once you have ported your number and paid your ETF.  ATT does not unlock iPhones still under contract as is your case.  You can then do this online in the Apple forum.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I'm almost a year apart from my contract ending and my phone is not working so well. Is there any way that I can upgrade my phone before my contract ends?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Anamc wrote:
I'm almost a year apart from my contract ending and my phone is not working so well. Is there any way that I can upgrade my phone before my contract ends?

you might be eligible for a early upgrade, which is basicly the subsidized price of the phone + 250.00. Another option is to buy a used one from a reputable dealer or a ATT gophone. You will not get a new phone at a fully subsidized price.

Scholar

• 

150 Messages

9 years ago

If you're like me, you'lre billed for the current month with the current bill.  So if you cancel today, and your billing cycle ends tomorrow, and you made no changes to your plan midcycle, you'll likely only pay your ETF on your next bill.  If you cancel on Tuesday, you'll pay your bill for October when the time comes, but your November bill would be your ETF minus a huge refund for your cancellation.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.