Need help understanding your bill?
BrokenWench's profile

Scholar

• 

489 Messages

Thursday, March 3rd, 2011 6:32 AM

Canceling Main Number...?

hi Y'all,  

I have  4 lines... will refer to them as A,  B,  C  and D.   Line A is my main number and past the contract date/out of conract.  Line D was  just started this  past September or October 2010 for my kid to use.  She no longer  uses that line.  What I'm wondering  is,  if I get the number to Line D changed ( yes,  I know they'll charge for a  new SIM and a number change )and make that the main number,  can I still cancel Line A w/o having to pay some type of fee?   

Would it be better to get the new number/SIM for Line D first then cancel Line A a few days after that?

Thankx in advance, 

B.W.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

Since line A is no longer under contract you can cancel that without paying any termination fees.

Once/When you cancel line A you can choose whatever number/line remaining on the account to become the main line.  Generally there is no requirement on what number/line has to be the main one.

Is should not matter if you change the number for line D before or after making it the primary line on the account.

Scholar

• 

489 Messages

13 years ago

@Planet-Ed wrote:

Since line A is no longer under contract you can cancel that without paying any termination fees.

Once/When you cancel line A you can choose whatever number/line remaining on the account to become the main line.  Generally there is no requirement on what number/line has to be the main one.

Is should not matter if you change the number for line D before or after making it the primary line on the account.

//o0T!!!  thank you Planet Ed.  I just got Line D's number changed and am awaiting a new SIM card for that phone.  Maybe once it gets  here,  I'll call back and cancel Line A and  pop the new SIM into my Propel...  I can't get used to the Strive that was  used for Line D.

thankx for the quick reply.

B.W.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

hi Planet Ed,

Was able to cancel Line A.  they ended  making Line B the Main Line when I told them I wanted Line D as the Main Line.  Not really a issue but since I use Line A as  *my* number,  I'd like them to make it so.  Do you know if they'll charge to swap things around? 

Thankx again for your  help.

BW now known as BW2  since the board wouldn't allow  me to sign in with my usual ID.

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

Yes just call them back,

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.