Need help understanding your bill?
surferx0's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, March 16th, 2011 1:18 AM

Can you downgrade Familytalk to Individual?

I have an individual plan contract that expires on October 2011. I want to add a 2nd line, which as I understand will upgrade my plan to Familytalk and put a 2 year contract on that particular phone.

Now, let's say it's past October 2011, and I want to remove my original line. What would happen to the plan and that phone? Would there be some sort of termination fees involved? Would I need to stick to paying for a Familytalk plan on a single phone? Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

If you remove the phone that is no longer under contract (there would be no termination fee as it's not under contract), leaving one phone on the account, the account would be converted to an Individual account.  You would pick the individual plan you want.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you very much, appreciate the help!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I will still have 2 lines on my account. I need to know how can I go on my phone and remove the 3 lines that have no contracts and are NOT being used but I am paying for?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Cateyes19, you can't remove lines online. You must call to cancel them. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you for your feedback, someone advised me that I could do it on my phone! I have tried to locate where it would be done but was having a difficult time finding out how to go about doing it.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

No.  You have to call or physically go to an ATT store to cancel lines.

you can only suspend lines online, which does not remove the charges.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.