For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
ghtacketanishad's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, October 14th, 2014 7:50 PM

Can I make multiple partial payments using *PAY phone service?

Hi,

I share my at&t account with family member and he would like to make his share of payment using *PAY phone service. Is it possible that he uses this service to make partial payment and later I pay remaining bill using myAtt app?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

294 Messages

10 years ago

You were told incorrectly. I just tried it. It first asks if you want to pay with last payment method. After entering your payment information, it does ask if you want to pay full amount or to enter amount you want to pay. The automated system gives same options when dialing 611 or *pay.

edit: Forgot to add that they can pay online as well. Have them sign up for their own user id and they can pay through the app like you said or the actual att.com website.

As far as I know, the only option that forces you to pay in full is if you use the text-to-pay option. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Own reply. Called At&T customer care and found that I can only pay in full using * services. Following are the ways to make partial payments.

1. In-store

2. myAtt app

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

> edit: Forgot to add that they can pay online as well. Have them sign up for their own user id and > they can pay through the app like you said or the actual att.com website.

Online or myAtt option  requires me to add him as "Secondary user". I am not comfortable with giving me those many permissions (like adding new line etc ). I cannot find a way to give only billing related permissions (like pay  or view a bill) to a user.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.