Need help understanding your bill?
Printerscape's profile

Mentor

• 

62 Messages

Thursday, April 14th, 2011 7:27 PM

Blocking Data = Blocking Texts as well?

I want to block data usage on one of the phones under the FamilyPlan. I call AT&T and request it, and they grant it.

Does this mean it'll block regular texts as well? Not picture/audio texts, just regular letters/numbers-texts.

If so, how can I make it so that it only blocks data, and not regular texts, since the plan has the $30/mo unlimited texting plan?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

A data block would not block regular text messages. You would be fine for those. However, multimedia messages (such as picture/video/audio) would be blocked/unretrieveable. That would probably be fine for you, though.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

13 years ago

@Printerscape wrote:

I want to block data usage on one of the phones under the FamilyPlan. I call AT&T and request it, and they grant it.

Does this mean it'll block regular texts as well? Not picture/audio texts, just regular letters/numbers-texts.

If so, how can I make it so that it only blocks data, and not regular texts, since the plan has the $30/mo unlimited texting plan?

This is what my wife has on her line -- data block only, but regular text messages work fine. All she did was ask for a data block. Make sure you don't ask for messaging block.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Is it possible to do data block online?  And if so, why NOT AT&T?  I have a business account and don't want any phone that doesn't have a data plan using data.  This should be a feature you can just turn on and off per phone when needed.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Now I have that same blocking plan for my phone but will that carry over to an iPhone? I don't want to have the data on the iPhone and just the wireless or will i still have to have a required data plan?

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago

@ubermae wrote:
Now I have that same blocking plan for my phone but will that carry over to an iPhone? I don't want to have the data on the iPhone and just the wireless or will i still have to have a required data plan?

If you have an iPhone on the network, you MUST have a data plan!  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.