Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 14, 2011
12:27:49 PM
Blocking Data = Blocking Texts as well?

I want to block data usage on one of the phones under the FamilyPlan. I call AT&T and request it, and they grant it.

Does this mean it'll block regular texts as well? Not picture/audio texts, just regular letters/numbers-texts.

If so, how can I make it so that it only blocks data, and not regular texts, since the plan has the $30/mo unlimited texting plan?

I want to block data usage on one of the phones under the FamilyPlan. I call AT&T and request it, and they grant it.

Does this mean it'll block regular texts as well? Not picture/audio texts, just regular letters/numbers-texts.

If so, how can I make it so that it only blocks data, and not regular texts, since the plan has the $30/mo unlimited texting plan?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 14, 2011 4:59:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Printerscape wrote:

This is what my wife has on her line -- data block only, but regular text messages work fine. All she did was ask for a data block. Make sure you don't ask for messaging block.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Blocking Data = Blocking Texts as well?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 14, 2011 2:34:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

A data block would not block regular text messages. You would be fine for those. However, multimedia messages (such as picture/video/audio) would be blocked/unretrieveable. That would probably be fine for you, though.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

A data block would not block regular text messages. You would be fine for those. However, multimedia messages (such as picture/video/audio) would be blocked/unretrieveable. That would probably be fine for you, though.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Blocking Data = Blocking Texts as well?

2 of 6 (10,335 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 14, 2011 4:59:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Printerscape wrote:

This is what my wife has on her line -- data block only, but regular text messages work fine. All she did was ask for a data block. Make sure you don't ask for messaging block.

Printerscape wrote:

3 of 6 (10,330 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2012 7:39:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

Is it possible to do data block online?  And if so, why NOT AT&T?  I have a business account and don't want any phone that doesn't have a data plan using data.  This should be a feature you can just turn on and off per phone when needed.

Is it possible to do data block online?  And if so, why NOT AT&T?  I have a business account and don't want any phone that doesn't have a data plan using data.  This should be a feature you can just turn on and off per phone when needed.

4 of 6 (5,459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2012 9:18:24 AM
(0)
Contributor
Now I have that same blocking plan for my phone but will that carry over to an iPhone? I don't want to have the data on the iPhone and just the wireless or will i still have to have a required data plan?
Now I have that same blocking plan for my phone but will that carry over to an iPhone? I don't want to have the data on the iPhone and just the wireless or will i still have to have a required data plan?

5 of 6 (4,786 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2012 10:07:25 AM
(0)
Master

ubermae wrote:

If you have an iPhone on the network, you MUST have a data plan!  

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

ubermae wrote:

If you have an iPhone on the network, you MUST have a data plan!  

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

6 of 6 (4,783 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments