Helpful Links

Blocking Data = Blocking Texts as well?

Highlighted

Blocking Data = Blocking Texts as well?

I want to block data usage on one of the phones under the FamilyPlan. I call AT&T and request it, and they grant it.

Does this mean it'll block regular texts as well? Not picture/audio texts, just regular letters/numbers-texts.

If so, how can I make it so that it only blocks data, and not regular texts, since the plan has the $30/mo unlimited texting plan?

Message 1 of 6
Master

Re: Blocking Data = Blocking Texts as well?

A data block would not block regular text messages. You would be fine for those. However, multimedia messages (such as picture/video/audio) would be blocked/unretrieveable. That would probably be fine for you, though.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Expert

Printerscape wrote:

I want to block data usage on one of the phones under the FamilyPlan. I call AT&T and request it, and they grant it.

Does this mean it'll block regular texts as well? Not picture/audio texts, just regular letters/numbers-texts.

If so, how can I make it so that it only blocks data, and not regular texts, since the plan has the $30/mo unlimited texting plan?

This is what my wife has on her line -- data block only, but regular text messages work fine. All she did was ask for a data block. Make sure you don't ask for messaging block.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Is it possible to do data block online?  And if so, why NOT AT&T?  I have a business account and don't want any phone that doesn't have a data plan using data.  This should be a feature you can just turn on and off per phone when needed.

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Now I have that same blocking plan for my phone but will that carry over to an iPhone? I don't want to have the data on the iPhone and just the wireless or will i still have to have a required data plan?
Message 5 of 6
Master

ubermae wrote:
Now I have that same blocking plan for my phone but will that carry over to an iPhone? I don't want to have the data on the iPhone and just the wireless or will i still have to have a required data plan?

If you have an iPhone on the network, you MUST have a data plan!  

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support