For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
kingcoop's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, October 16th, 2017 2:19 AM

Block international incoming and outgoing calls

How do I have AT&T block international calling for incoming and outgoing calls that are billed per minute to my account? This seems to be the hardest thing to do. Some reps have said I need International Services Opt out (which shows as International Call Restrict on myAT&T) while others say I simply need International Roaming Block (which didn't restrict outgoing international calls). Please help! If I can't get this figured out, I'll have to leave AT&T as I need to be able to block international calling for some of the lines. I don't want unexpected billing charges that I've proactively tried to avoid.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

7 years ago

Sign in to your online account here > then go to Phone Features > On the Phone Features tab, scroll to Outgoing calls and select International Call Blocking

• Select ON to turn on international call blocking.
  • Select OFF to turn off international call blocking. 
  • Select Save.

For incoming, I don't know how you can do that. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

There is no extra charge for incoming international calls. There is no need to block them.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Not sure if you're using a different my AT&T website than I am but the newer version of the site does not have a specific phone features section where I can scroll to and select outgoing calls. I wish it did as I would have selected this, but there aren't any international options other than to add international calling and the like. This is for the wireless service, just to make sure we're on the same page.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Same issue with me.  I wish to block outgoing international calls from a line, or several lines, within my family plan.  There is no such option in the features menus of the "My Wireless" section of the web site.  One of my lines had a few outgoing overseas calls at $2.50/minute!    I called support (611 from my phone) and learned there is no way for a customer to do this online.  One must call customer support.  After about 15 minutes, she was able to remove it from 4 of my 5 lines.  Very inefficient process considering all the other features we can easily manage online.  But at least I don't have to worry about future international calling charges.  Skype, WhatsApp audio, etc. are all cheaper solutions (and free in some cases).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Yup, you have to call AT&T Support 611 and only they can enable this feature for you. This suucks! I wonder why they do it this way?

International Call Restrict

$0.00 per month

This is a tracking SOC that prevents the customer from being auto provisioned for International Features. It also blocks servicing International features via myAT&T.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

All that 611 do is waste our time.

We don't use AT&T international

calling service but unfortunately had some numbers in the contacts. It is a mistake to keep those numbers on AT&T phone. Every now and then without our notice some calls go out. Every time I call 611 they used to reverse the charges and said International calling is barred I should not see any more of that issue. This has been an ongoing exercise atleast every time they update their IT or service plans.

Recently we had an involuntary unnoticed call possible dialed by mistake due to phone screen or what so ever not done knowingly and got into a surprise.

ATT doesn't keep track of customer conversations nor have our original contracts after certain time period.

Today I was told there is no such a feature existing in AT&T to bar international calls when you have a data plan.

They do not have a courtesy to call back when a call fails also. I was on call with 5 different people for over 2hrs on a working day and they have no clue, Neither have rights to reverse the charges nor how to bar outgoing international calls.

Atlast I learnt we are at our own risk when we continue services with AT&T. Good luck.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

If you don’t make international calls, why not remove those numbers from your contacts?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Sometimes you have incoming international calls which get pocket dialed or accidentally dialed. And i keep international phone number saved in my phone because i use other services like vonage extention and whatsapp for international calling which is free.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I was charged for incoming international calls from Russia and India (which is almost $3 per minute!). AT&T representatives told me that the only way to block incoming international calla is to block particular phone numbers, which is impossible in my case. I consider switching to T-mobile.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

FALSE!!! Ever received 6-8 calls per day from a 232 area code in Sierra Leone??? Very annoying. I’m surprised we can’t block these spam calls by now. It’s been years since they’ve started. Please help

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.