For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
kingcoop's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, October 16th, 2017 2:19 AM

Block international incoming and outgoing calls

How do I have AT&T block international calling for incoming and outgoing calls that are billed per minute to my account? This seems to be the hardest thing to do. Some reps have said I need International Services Opt out (which shows as International Call Restrict on myAT&T) while others say I simply need International Roaming Block (which didn't restrict outgoing international calls). Please help! If I can't get this figured out, I'll have to leave AT&T as I need to be able to block international calling for some of the lines. I don't want unexpected billing charges that I've proactively tried to avoid.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

While the path in the earlier post has changed, you can enable international long distance in the myATT account.

Select the line, see all features, turn ‘call from US at pay per use rate to “OFF”.  

071C65BA-E9A5-43C3-B3D3-BCDA672175BC.jpeg

1 Attachment

• 

1 Message

Hi, i an unable to see this option. Is it still available?

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there! @bcunn68 Thanks for posting your concerns about blocking numbers. 

Unfortunately at this time we do not have a way to block access for incoming international calls, however if blocking numbers becomes an obstacle for you, you do have the option to change your number.

Thank you,

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Is there a way to block international incoming calls.  I am receiving spam calls from a area code based in Nigeria. I don't answer them and I have blocked the individual numbers but they keep changing the number and calling back.  I don't want to accidentally answer it or call the number back.  

Scholar

• 

72 Messages

9 years ago

@bcunn68 - what's the make/model of your phone? As an alternative, some smartphones have number blocking or call rejection list capabilities. If your phone doesn't have it, there are third party apps in your device app store that might help with that.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I received a call that I finally realized was a fraudulent caller from Kingston and I ended the call 

after I smelled a rat but it was too late. I got a bill for 11 bucks. Now I want to block international calls too I did not recognize the number and they called many times before I finally answered the call. I called the Consumer Fraud Division but they said they couldnt do anythig about it. I have no idea how they got my number. I googled the number and it is a well known con game. too bad there isnt more networking to alert everyone whats going on. tweets would work or fraud warnings on free text so we can add to our block lists ***** and [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.] block anything with that area code is what I am thinking.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

Just don't answer if you don't know the number. Maybe you can look it up on Google or some sites like http://whycall.me to check if people have reported the number as scam. So that you can block the number even without answering the call.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Another question, I have a freind in San Mateo whom I can't call from Ireland, I get the AT&T gate keeper, she is 89 and nearly blind, how can I get her family to allow me call her please

Thank you

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Changing your cell number doesn't seem to be a very good solution. AT&T should allow users to block incoming and outgoing international calls. It shouldn't be so difficult to manage our accounts, and the bad guys shouldn't be so much more advanced than our technology providers like AT&T.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

I had same issue I had to call AT&T a few times it seems the last rep did it right and got the international block successfully applied! I think they should do international block by default and only people who need the capability should unblock.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

Blocking all incomming / outgoing international calls just seems it would be problematic if you ever travel internationally. I can see someone stuck in another country or not getting important information about their trip.

Because if they forget to take it off (or a spouse doesn't inform the other), of course it'll all be AT&T's fault!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.