Need help understanding your bill?
whoknows4's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, January 11th, 2019 2:04 AM

I need to know if the monthly billing is for the previous billing cycle or the upcoming one.

I recently closed my wireless account on Nov 5.  The billing cycle started on Nov. 2.  I need to know if the monthly billing is for the previous billing cycle or the upcoming one.  Looking at my paper bills, it appears to be for the upcoming month, but AT&T says previous.  I need to know so I can get the correct payment made and move on.  I was on the phone 1 1/2 hrs. today, transferred 6 times and still didn't get a definitive answer.  Hopefully someone here can help.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

You were told wrong. ATT bills for service in advance. The date on the bill is for the month just closed out but the plan charges on the bill are for the current bill cycle. The final month of service is not prorated. If your billing cycle started Nov 2 and you cancelled Nov 5, your November bill (dated Oct 2-Nov 1) would have service charges for Nov 2 - Dec 1. Your final bill would not have been generated until about Dec 6. The date on that bill should be Nov 2-Dec 1 but it should have no new plan charges. Hope this makes sense.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.