Wireless Forums

Posted Nov 9, 2012
2:10:57 PM
View profile
Billing period is only 3 weeks?
I just got my phone last week - November 2nd, 2012. I have not had AT&T before so I have had my account since that date. I am planning my budget for next month so I decided to look and see when the bill is due. My bill is due on November 24th, which is only 2 weeks from Saturday, just about 3 weeks from when my account was activated. I'm wondering why it's due this month and not the next and if it will be every 3 weeks or every month after the first billing cycle.
I just got my phone last week - November 2nd, 2012. I have not had AT&T before so I have had my account since that date. I am planning my budget for next month so I decided to look and see when the bill is due. My bill is due on November 24th, which is only 2 weeks from Saturday, just about 3 weeks from when my account was activated. I'm wondering why it's due this month and not the next and if it will be every 3 weeks or every month after the first billing cycle.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 9, 2012 3:40:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
You can requested your billing cycle be changed. Be warned, though, that this will create further proration.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Billing period is only 3 weeks?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 9, 2012 2:17:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

xSnowyOwlx wrote:

You just got your phone last week an you've already received a bill? That's strange.

After the first bill, which is almost always strange, you will have one month bill and it will be due about the same day each month.

xSnowyOwlx wrote:

You just got your phone last week an you've already received a bill? That's strange.

After the first bill, which is almost always strange, you will have one month bill and it will be due about the same day each month.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Billing period is only 3 weeks?

2 of 6 (1,591 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 9, 2012 2:29:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by kdfederer on Nov 9, 2012 at 2:32:02 PM

AT&T sets the billing period and it is NOT ALWAYS 30 days from when you sign your contract. But your billl will be due the same time each month.

After your first bill, you billing period wiill end the same each month.

AT&T sets the billing period and it is NOT ALWAYS 30 days from when you sign your contract. But your billl will be due the same time each month.

After your first bill, you billing period wiill end the same each month.

[ Edited ]
3 of 6 (1,585 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2012 2:42:47 PM
(0)
Contributor
I didn't receive the bill yet, I was checking on the website for when it would be due and it says 11/24/2012. That's disappointing since I prefer having the bills at the beginning of the month so I can get them out of the way and not have to worry about it for the end of the month.
I didn't receive the bill yet, I was checking on the website for when it would be due and it says 11/24/2012. That's disappointing since I prefer having the bills at the beginning of the month so I can get them out of the way and not have to worry about it for the end of the month.

4 of 6 (1,570 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 9, 2012 3:40:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
You can requested your billing cycle be changed. Be warned, though, that this will create further proration.

5 of 6 (1,552 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2012 5:22:38 PM
(0)
Expert

Changing your billing cycle is not an option in all service areas. Please contact us to find out if this option is available in your service area.

What you should know

Before you change your billing cycle, please be aware that:

• Your billing cycle cannot be changed during the five days before or after the close of your current cycle.
  • Your billing cycle cannot be changed if your account is in a delinquent status, or if the account will fall delinquent before the requested change date.
  • If you have a payment arrangement set up, the payment arrangement must be made before the billing cycle is changed.
  • If you have Autopay, you may see two Autopay drafts in one month due to the billing cycle change.
  • When a billing cycle change is made, prorated charges will occur.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

Changing your billing cycle is not an option in all service areas. Please contact us to find out if this option is available in your service area.

What you should know

Before you change your billing cycle, please be aware that:

• Your billing cycle cannot be changed during the five days before or after the close of your current cycle.
  • Your billing cycle cannot be changed if your account is in a delinquent status, or if the account will fall delinquent before the requested change date.
  • If you have a payment arrangement set up, the payment arrangement must be made before the billing cycle is changed.
  • If you have Autopay, you may see two Autopay drafts in one month due to the billing cycle change.
  • When a billing cycle change is made, prorated charges will occur.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

6 of 6 (1,455 Views)