Need help understanding your bill?
Amark's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, April 21st, 2014 3:43 PM

Closed

Billing for Mobile Share Value plan

I am debating whether to switch over to the Mobile Share Value plan and would appreciate any feedback based on my situation described below -

I currently have two lines, both iPhones, in a Family Talk plan. One line has all the bells and whistles - 3GB data, enterprise connectivity, etc. - since I use it for work, and the other line has minimal features. This works well in terms of billing to my employer, since most of the charges (including voice minutes) show up against the first line, as they should.

My concern is that switching to the Mobile Share Value plan may show all the voice and data as shared without a breakdown by line, making it difficult to bill my employer for the line that needs all the features.

I would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions from others who have gone through a similar transition.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@Amark wrote:

Thanks for the response. I was hoping you could provide further clarity -

If my total bill is, say, $150, my current bill shows $100 or so against my main (work) line and the rest against my personal line because the second line just get charged $10 for the Family Talk plan plus data.

Will I be able to get a similar breakdown with the new plan or, in the above example, would it just show $75 each?

It breaks things down per line, but it may not show the way you really want.

It picks the first line on the account, and it shows the entire data charge to that line, then it shows the $15/$25/$40 (depending upon plan & contract status) per phone broken out per phone.  When you look at the bill details, it even breaks out the total usage by line, so for my last bill it shows that my wife's phone used 83% of our total data usage, and my phone used 17% of the total (it also lists it in MB used).  The detail also shows the full list of phone calls, texts, and data usage breakdowns.

When I look at my bill it shows:

line 1 at $119.60 (pre-discounts)

line 2 at $19.60 (pre-discounts)

giving me a total bill of $139.20 (pre-discounts, although the bill does include the discounts).

This may work for what you need, but it may not...

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 years ago

it breaks it down by device, 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the response. I was hoping you could provide further clarity -

If my total bill is, say, $150, my current bill shows $100 or so against my main (work) line and the rest against my personal line because the second line just get charged $10 for the Family Talk plan plus data.

Will I be able to get a similar breakdown with the new plan or, in the above example, would it just show $75 each?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks ... that's very helpful!

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Moved for better exposure
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.