For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Calheart's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 7th, 2017 10:01 PM

Billing changes

Why is it that I cannot have a consistent bill each month? I talk to CSRs and they make promises and they are never kept. My bill goest up $10 and $12.00 every month. They have no explanation. They fix it one or or two months and it goes back up again. They promise refunds and I never get them. I spend 45 minutes to an hour on the phone every couple of months trying to get my bill corrects.  What is the problem?  I am not ordering any PPV, I don't make changes to the account, there is no reason for the amount to go up like this every few months!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Since you mention PPV, I presume you are not talking about your wireless bill but DirecTV or UVerse bill? Regardless, I have both wireless and Directv and my bill is the same every month. So what is different? All of the charges should be listed on the bill. You should be able to look at each bill and see exactly why one is higher than the previous. Now if the charge for your plan or programming package keeps changing, that would be an issue.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have wireless internet and a landline.  I mentioned the PPV because someone in another forum asked that question and I wanted to make it clear that I have made no changes to the account, have not added any features, etc.  

I call, get a 2 year agreement (e-mailed to me in writing) on what my charges will be including all extraneous taxes, fees, etc.  Total, bottom line, out the door final amount.

The next month the bill is correct.

The second month an "equipment charge" of $10.00 showed up.  I call, dispute it and they agree to remove it. I don't have any of their equipment. It's not a line maintenance fee, it's an equipment fee.

The third month the "equipment charge" is still on there and the internet charges go up $12.00--so that is now $22.00 above the agreed amount.

I call and CS agrees it's incorrect, and make give me a contracted price good for, say,  2 years.  

The next month the bill is correct.......see where I am going with this? I have a file folder full of the conversations I have had with CSRs and members of the "Escalation Team."  The Escalation Team will give me a really big discount and my bill will drop to about $40.00 for a month or two, then it goes back to $72.00 and then we start all over again with the $10.00 and $12.00 changes.

Is this what you wanted to know?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@Calheart  Unless you purchased your modem and router, you are billed a rental fee for the ATT equipment.  When I had ATT, briefly, I could not use another modem and did pay a monthly fee for it.  

I would ask them “what is the equipment fee for?”

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.