Need help understanding your bill?
Marie_7's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, June 12th, 2014 2:04 AM

Billing & suspended phone

I continuously get charged for going over data despite the fact that I'm connected to WiFi, my cellular data is off and my apps are off!!! Last month my bill was over $300!! I have 4GB of data, there's no way I should be going over. I'll get data overage texts repeatedly for months then I'll hear nothing for months. It's ridiculous. It's like their trying to meet a quota! My phone is now suspended. It was shut off last month, now this month I have another bill of $300!!!!! The phone hasn't been in use! Why am I paying a $300 bill when my plan is only $80 or $90?!?! I am so fed up with AT&T. I have been with you guys for so long. It's time for a change.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, Marie_7!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent billing issues. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Marie_7, 

I apologize you're having issues with your plan. If you only have one device on your plan and with your bill amount you're using around 14 to 16GB of data a month. Are you using any streaming apps such as Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, iHeartRadio that is video or audio? These use up the most amount of data on your device. 

If you have other devices on your plan, I would HIGHLY suggest you take a look at their devices and ensure that they are on WiFi. Usually this is the most common issue is the devices are not connected to WiFi or celluar data isn't shut off.

What type of device are you using? We would be better able to assist you with that as well. 

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

Usually you are running some kind of app. The data doesn't consume by itself or having leak out of no where. So, is better off for you to stop by a att store to have a sales rep take a good look at it. Or, check out at apple store genius bar because they are the one who specialize in apple products.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I just got an email that my service was canceled so I would usually turn my data off when on wifi. I was told that I could set my data limit on my phone so that it turns my data off automatically when it reaches whatever i set it for. I didn't know that. Im gonna go ahead and go to tmobile because this is happening way too often. I feel like I'm being ripped off.

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

Good luck getting throttled less than a week into your period, if you pick up 'unlimited'

-Alex

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.