Need help understanding your bill?
Brown1920's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 13th, 2018 5:17 PM

Billing Issue - No refund

We canceled our ATT Wireless Service on July 9, 2018.   We paid our June 30 bill, which was billed in advance for the period July 1 through July 31, on July 6.  Since the service was billed in advance, and we paid for the whole month, we should be entitled to a pro-rata refund based on the cancellation date.   I called ATT and after being bounced around and place on hold for over 20 minutes total, I was told there would be no refund - the rep tried to claim the payment was for Jun 1 to Jun 30 - when I told him repeatedly that this is NOT what the paper bill dated June 30, 2018 said - that it clearly showed our July 6 payment would be for July 1 through July 31 - he had no answer.   Does ATT have no place to file a written complaint about a bill????

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@Brown1920 wrote:

We canceled our ATT Wireless Service on July 9, 2018.   We paid our June 30 bill, which was billed in advance for the period July 1 through July 31, on July 6.  Since the service was billed in advance, and we paid for the whole month, we should be entitled to a pro-rata refund based on the cancellation date.   I called ATT and after being bounced around and place on hold for over 20 minutes total, I was told there would be no refund - the rep tried to claim the payment was for Jun 1 to Jun 30 - when I told him repeatedly that this is NOT what the paper bill dated June 30, 2018 said - that it clearly showed our July 6 payment would be for July 1 through July 31 - he had no answer.   Does ATT have no place to file a written complaint about a bill????

AT&T doesn't prorate the final bill; no major provider does. You definitely paid for service for July 1 to July 31; the rep was wrong about the dates, but was correct in stating you aren't due a refund. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

We usually tell people to port at the end of their bill cycle because no carrier prorates.  Billing is stated as month to month only.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Someone use my card to make payments and att said they cancel the payment and I should receive my money back in 24 hours and I haven’t receive it. How long do it take to receive the money back into my account 

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you so much

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

The exact thing happened to us, how do we get our money back because oh yes we are due a refund.  For us it is for an entire month.  We cancelled before the cycle even began.  The rep told us the exact same thing.  AT&T basically just stole our money.  Who do we complain to???

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@kahlua wrote:

The exact thing happened to us, how do we get our money back because oh yes we are due a refund.  For us it is for an entire month.  We cancelled before the cycle even began.  The rep told us the exact same thing.  AT&T basically just stole our money.  Who do we complain to???

1. How did you cancel?

2.  What does the final bill show?  Devices?  Activity?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.