Need help understanding your bill?
arupsam's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, May 21st, 2014 2:33 AM

Billed twice for the same 2GB Mobile share plan

Hi Att Support Manager.

After long hours of discussion with the Customer service team there is no help I am receiving for my ATT bill

I have been billed for twice for the same service and no one is ready to meke changes or amend it.

On any further delay or correction from AT&T I shall raise this as a consumer fraud case with Department of Consumer protection of New York by 25th may 2014

Please see the attached bill screenshot regarding the additional charge which is duplicated

Regards,
Arup

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal information]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

Hello there arupsam,

So to start information security is always important to all of us.   The screenshot you have below does show your full name, physical address and AT&T Account number.  AT&T's forum is open to the public so displaying this information so openly may not be as secure as discussing your bill directly with a chat/phone/or in store agent.

I can say however from viewing this bill that you have a first bill here,  First bills very regularly display your month in advance charges + partial month charges + activation fee + tax.  Your first bill started service on 4/15 so you had a partial month charge from 4/15 - 5/14, you also had your month in advance charges from 5/15 - 6/14 in the monthly charges section. 

You can expect your next bill to be generally lower than the first bill since you would not see the activation fee or further partial month charges, just monthly charges + tax (unless you activate more lines, change your plan, or go over your plan for example). 

First bills can be tough especially when you end up with a full bill of partial month charges, but you can be assured this is not your regular monthly rate and things will get better:)

Hope this helps:)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Please delete the screenshot. Thanks for the solution

Former Employee

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

You are very welcome:)   The powers that be have removed the screen shot for you to protect your privacy.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.