Need help understanding your bill?
srcp's profile

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

Tuesday, August 29th, 2017 5:23 PM

Billed for overage after I was promised I wouldn't be

We went over our data limit because we had a problem with one of our phones. The rep agreed that the usage was abnormal and said our overage charges would be waived. I have the chat saved. Can you waive it as promised and refund us? I PM'd ATTCares but didn't get any response from him/her. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@ATTCares

is a group, not a single person.  This is NOT ATT.  This is a customer populated forum.  

Our experience is if you take steps to prevent data overage ATT will forgive one overage event.  If it's happened before, or is still happening, they are right to bill you.  

If you need suggestions on how to curb the data use on a line, we can offer suggestions to diagnose and fix the problem.  In most cases it's a young user who is unaware of how data is used.  But a faulty phone or app is also possible.  If it's a user, education and knowing how to turn off data on the line is the solution.  If the phone is faulty, a factory reset usually fixes it.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

These are the AT&T forums, if there's no one here from AT&T, then what's the point? No regular user will help solve a billing issue. Is ATTCares, an administrator, NOT ATT? What is he then?

This always happens anyway. You spend time talking on the phone or chatting with customer service, then the moment you hang up, it's all forgotten and nothing is done. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@srcp wrote:

These are the AT&T forums,

No, these are the AT&T Community forums.

No regular user will help solve a billing issue.

Occasionally we offer insight in getting things fixed. 

if there's no one here from AT&T, then what's the point?

You've been a member of the forum for a few years now and posted several times and gotten some responses from other community members, I'm not sure where the confusion is coming from?  

We know all sorts of stuff. Like how to curb your data use if you're having issues (as was offered).

Depending on the topic, we'll give it to you straight when you're getting run arounds. 

You posted very little info, not even how long ago you messaged AT&T, no info if you called or chatted with them again, so it's kind of hard to make actual suggestions.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

Everything I see from the user ATTCares tells me they are obviously AT&T, so even though it's a community forum, AT&T has a presence here. I also saw, don't remember where, someone from AT&T suggesting to private message ATTCares on these forums since they don't offer any email contact. That is what I did. I only posted here too so that my message would have more visibility in case they missed my PM.

I didn't post details because there's no need to. A regular user can't issue me a credit or do anything about this. I'm not asking how to prevent going over the data limit, it was unique issue with one of the phones and hopefully it won't happen again, we are monitoring it.

I have already discussed this with AT&T via chat and phone, they know the situation. I'm just looking for them to do as promised.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@srcp wrote:

Everything I see from the user ATTCares tells me they are obviously AT&T, so even though it's a community forum, AT&T has a presence here.

@Yes @ATTCares is AT&T. But they haven't responded to you IN THIS THREAD.

You asked if someone was an employee. We said no employees have responded to you in this thread.  

I didn't post details because there's no need to.

And that's okay, I'm just telling why you haven't gotten much response since we have nothing to base it on.

A regular user can't issue me a credit or do anything about this.

Correct. But sometimes we can tell you what to say to get something or tell you when you're wasting your time.

You spend time talking on the phone or chatting with customer service, then the moment you hang up, it's all forgotten and nothing is done. 

FYI, my experience with one-time credits is (unless they have taxes involved) my credits have always appeared immediately while on the phone with them. Any mentions of one-time credits that have not appeared immediately have never shown up for me (they say "they'll show up later").

If they say they applied something, to see the credits you'll need to log out of att.com and back in to verify it. 

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

7 years ago

Please Disregard This Post! Smiley Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.