For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
ranron's profile

Scholar

• 

190 Messages

Monday, September 1st, 2014 5:19 AM

Billed for one-day on already expired features

So once in a while I add a feature for a month set to start at the beginning on the billing cycle and then to end at the beginning of the next one.

I would have assumed that this set up would mean, for example: If I add a international data package beginning of my cycle on July 15th, setting it to expire on then next billing cycle it get removed on the August 14th (last day of the billing cycle). Instead it's removed on the first day of the next cycle (August 15th), hereby incurred a one-day prorated usage charge.

I get this issue every time and I have to call every time to get a credit. My bill every month is quite high, so it's easy to overlook this and honestly it's a waste of my time having to calling in every time to get a $4 credit or whatnot, but I can't just let myself be indiscriminately nickel and dimed.

I'm not sure if I'm asking a question really, but maybe hoping AT&T will fix this.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@ranron wrote:

So once in a while I add a feature for a month set to start at the beginning on the billing cycle and then to end at the beginning of the next one.

I would have assumed that this set up would mean, for example: If I add a international data package beginning of my cycle on July 15th, setting it to expire on then next billing cycle it get removed on the August 14th (last day of the billing cycle). Instead it's removed on the first day of the next cycle (August 15th), hereby incurred a one-day prorated usage charge.

I get this issue every time and I have to call every time to get a credit. My bill every month is quite high, so it's easy to overlook this and honestly it's a waste of my time having to calling in every time to get a $4 credit or whatnot, but I can't just let myself be indiscriminately nickel and dimed.

I'm not sure if I'm asking a question really, but maybe hoping AT&T will fix this.

If you know the system is set up to remove the feature the day after you select (I'd image the system "thinks" you are wanting the service through the 14th, so it removes the package on the 15th), why not just set it to be remove on the 13th?

Scholar

• 

190 Messages

10 years ago

@MicCheck wrote:
If you know the system is set up to remove the feature the day after you select (I'd image the system "thinks" you are wanting the service through the 14th, so it removes the package on the 15th), why not just set it to be remove on the 13th

Because if you try it yourself, you'll see that there are only three options:

1) Backdate to the beginning of the billing cycle;

2) Effective immediately;

3) Set to expire at the beginning of the next billing cycle.

If I had to guess whoever programmed the system got lazy. They programmed the same case for starting a feature and ending it. For starting a feature, this all works perfectly, since it starts on the first day of the next billing cycle, but for ending a feature, it should have been written to end the feature 11:59pm of the last day of the billing cycle. Perhap it was written to end on the last day, but the system takes a few hours to process it. It's all speculation on my part. It's just an annoying occurance.

If I had to guess, most people aren't really going spend $120 for 800MB or $120 for 100 minutes, let alone have this issue to deal with. And if they do, a lot people don't look at the bills much in deal. Heck my folks almost never look at their bills this closely. It's usually if it looks right, they pay it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.