Need help understanding your bill?
jrob2013's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, April 7th, 2017 3:31 PM

Billed after account closed

I closed my account with ATT about 6 months ago at an ATT store.  At the time, I was told I would have no further billing and that I was completely paid up.  I just had to pay off a debt collector because this was a complete lie.  I was charged after my account was closed, and was never sent my PAPERLESS bill...even though my email has not changed in 10 years.  I want answers..... This has effected my credit score as well as my monthly budget as this was an unexpected payment.  

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@jrob2013 wrote:

I closed my account with ATT about 6 months ago at an ATT store.  At the time, I was told I would have no further billing and that I was completely paid up.  I just had to pay off a debt collector because this was a complete lie.  I was charged after my account was closed, and was never sent my PAPERLESS bill...even though my email has not changed in 10 years.  I want answers..... This has effected my credit score as well as my monthly budget as this was an unexpected payment.  

When you disconnect service, the final bill is not prorated and you would still owe for any additional charges not yet billed, so it's not 100% reliable for a rep to tell you nothing more is owed. 

Final bills are sent through the US mail, not paperless, so you should have received the bill in the mail. 

While it may have been "unbudgeted" now, it was a billed due 6 months ago, so in the big picture, that shouldn't affect you. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.