Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Bill

Highlighted
Contributor

Bill

What happens to my At&T account  IF I'VE FILED BANKRUPTCY  ?

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by DanL1964
‎10-20-2018 2:30 PM

Re: Bill

@DanL1964 wrote:

What happens to my At&T account  IF I'VE FILED BANKRUPTCY  ?

Depends.  Are you planning on paying your bill?  

• If you pay it, it'll be fine.
  • If you do not pay it, I'd think they'd close it.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 9
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by DanL1964
‎10-21-2018 2:53 AM

I’m not a lawyer; this is a question should be asking your lawyer. 

That said, did you include AT&T as one of you creditors? If not, AT&T won’t even know you filed. 

If you did, AT&T will likely close your account. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 9
Contributor

I do plan on paying the balance. I've been making payments since my original call. My wireless and sattlite is bundled , i have requested them to be separated so paying seperate I could manage easy.

Evidently that process can take several months

Message 4 of 9
ACE - Expert

@DanL1964 wrote:

I do plan on paying the balance. I've been making payments since my original call. My wireless and sattlite is bundled , i have requested them to be separated so paying seperate I could manage easy.

Evidently that process can take several months

I'm not sure if you can separate them if they are past due. (Pretty sure you can't)

• Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 5 of 9
Contributor

What do I do if my bill shots up to 550.50 for no reason 

Message 6 of 9
ACE - Expert

Re: Read YOUR Bill

@Jacobs_303 wrote:

What do I do if my bill shots up to 550.50 for no reason 

It depends, was it $449 previously or $100?

Actually, it does NOT depend on that (but you've obviously left out significant info here). There IS a reason, download the PDF of the last few months and see where the increase is. There isn't a line item for "No Reason ..... $398.95" there will be details as to what the charge is.

Realistically, if it shot up hundreds of dollars, it's likely the cost of a device (you upgraded and didn't return or you canceled a line that have a phone/tablet/hotspot/laptop on it and it's billing you what is owed).

Message 7 of 9
Scholar

Re: Read YOUR Bill

I have a friend who has the same question as here, because every time you open a new line or buy new device they check your credit score....

Message 8 of 9
ACE - Expert

Re: BECAUSE?

@vipaffairs wrote:

I have a friend who has the same question as here, because every time you open a new line or buy new device they check your credit score....

I'm not sure how that follows? 

(P.S. I run my credit report ALL the time and I've never seen AT&T run a credit check when I've added a line or purchased a device, I've looked specifically for it on my old credit reports).

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support