Need help understanding your bill?
partlysunny1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 16th, 2019 12:57 AM

Bill issue

I had a $124 balance due on my account.  I paid the full amount on 12/13/18. On 2/13/18 my debit acct was charged $124.99 without permission.  I called and spoke with the billing dept and they told me they would reverse the charge and credit my acct.  At that time I asked them if there were any other charges left on my acct.  I was told no, and my acct was closed.  I asked for all my info to be deleted from acct.  At this point I thought I was good to go... we'll not so fast!  On March 29,2019 I received a letter from Credence a collection company. The letter states that I owe $124.99.  Not exactly sure why I am receiving this letter when the acct has been paid in full, I was charged a second time, and then the amount was refunded by AT&T.  I have spent over 8 hours on the phone trying to get this issue resolved.  I have been asked my # that I was calling from just in case we get disconnected, which I've been disconnected many of times with no return call.  At this point I'm not very happy that my acct has been sent to collections now effecting my credit score when I have paid the full amount. I would appreciate a call or an response ASAP!  If this issue isn't resolved in the next 5 business days, I will be contacting my attorney to handle this issue.

Thank you

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

You are posting on a customer populated forum, this isn’t At&t.  

As for the threats, really?  

You might want to figure out if At&t was right and you owed the bill.

First, were you a wireless customer (that’s where you posted). Your cell phone bill is not prorated.  So if you left during a bill cycle, you may indeed have owed for another month.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.