Need help understanding your bill?
Higuidry's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, October 30th, 2016 2:00 PM

Bill always increasing

Does anyone else notice that their bill increases no matter what adjustments or changes they make to their plan?? I'm trying to be loyal and stay with them but there's got to be more affordable services than this!!!!! Between cable/Internet and mobile, they are hitting me for over $600/month.
Well look at that, they can identify a bad word in the text and request I change it before posting. But you can't help me adjust my plan to be more affordable for my needs. I'm becoming totally disgusted. This is exactly how I felt before I left Cox after 8 years

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

I've got mobile, internet and Directv, my bills stay the same each month. Look at your bills, each charge is listed. You should be able to determine what is different each month. If your increases are due to data overage charges, switch to one of the new plans that have no overages.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

This is a community forum, we can't see your bill.  Look at the details.

If you signed up for TV service, after the promotional period ends the package prices may increase.  

My internet cost went up $10 

My wireless bill (which is the forum you are posting on) is very consistent.  Minor changes due to taxes or fees went down in January  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

My wireless bill is super consistant too. A few cents fluctuation here and there, but when I look at multiple months, it all hovers around the same number.

Overall with features that AT&T offers throughout the years that I've had them 2009(?) my bill has overall gone down.

• A-list (I then lowered my minutes to save money),
  • unlimited mobile-to-mobile (lowered my minutes again to save money),
  • unlimited texting dropped $10 (if you called to ask) and
  • the only increase I can think of is my unlimited data going up $5 a month (they sent me multiple warnings about that).

This year I dumped my minute plan and switched to mobile share and save even more. I now have free roaming in Canada and Mexico, can tether my devices and save money too. 

I can't speak to their television offerings.

I wasn't thrilled with their internet offerings, but I have lots of competition where I live. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Well this is 2 years in a row AT&T has pushed us to get rid of our unlimited internet plan because they no longer offer it.  It has increased $5 dollars per phone for 2 years straight which will be an extra 40.00 to by bill.  They are pretty much forcing me to go with another plan that will cost me more money.  Also now with upgrades you have to make payments on the phone and them someone just told me if you buy of phone or use a phone from someone else and take it to AT&T to set up they charge you 40.00 a month automtically because it is not on the Next Plan which is a total rip off.  Worse customer service I have ever seen and it have I  been doing business with them  for years.    I wish I had another carrier to go to that we could get service.  Howev, the area I live in is very limited .  Straight Talk will work and as soon as my contract are up I will be changing.  I have been with AT&T forever and that just keep getting worse and worse.  They are a multibillion dollar company but with the service they are offering and changing peoples plans, etc. they will not last much longer.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@dpowers Why would you go with another plan that will cost you more money?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@dpowers wrote:

Well this is 2 years in a row AT&T has pushed us to get rid of our unlimited internet plan because they no longer offer it.  It has increased $5 dollars per phone for 2 years straight which will be an extra 40.00 to by bill.  They are pretty much forcing me to go with another plan that will cost me more money.    Why would anyone do that?  If you use a lot of data, keep the plan.  If you are not, then you are paying too much now.    Also now with upgrades you have to make payments on the phone and them someone just told me if you buy of phone or use a phone from someone else and take it to AT&T to set up they charge you 40.00 a month automtically   Cutting you off right there WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!!   I have $15 line fees and pay no upgrade fees because in the last 3 years all I did was BYOD phone's and a tablet.  because it is not on the Next Plan which is a total rip off.  Worse customer service I have ever seen and it have I  been doing business with them  for years.    I wish I had another carrier to go to that we could get service.  Howev, the area I live in is very limited .  Straight Talk will work and as soon as my contract are up I will be changing.  I have been with AT&T forever and that just keep getting worse and worse.  They are a multibillion dollar company but with the service they are offering and changing peoples plans, etc. they will not last much longer.

You might want to look at what you get with Straight Talk as opposed to a shared data plan. All families have data hogs and data sippers.  Its cheaper for me to have a shared data pool.  

Do the math.   $55 each line with a 10 gig limit  x 4 = $220 plus taxes.   

The current ATT unlimited offer is $180 for 4 lines if you have ATT TV service (cable or satellite)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.